Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Ticket Prices v Ipswich and Sheff Wed

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Anyone else see the prices? Total Disgrace!

TICKET DETAILS

Ipswich Town, Portman Road, Tuesday 27thSeptember, 7.45pm.
Albion fans have an allocation of 716 seats, priced as follows:
£32.50 – Adult

Sheffield Wednesday, Hillsborough, Saturday 1st October, 3pm.
Albion fans have an allocation of 800, priced as follows:
£36.00 – Adult
Wednesday were £20 last season for the normal and play off semi.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Anyone else see the prices? Total Disgrace!

TICKET DETAILS

Ipswich Town, Portman Road, Tuesday 27thSeptember, 7.45pm.
Albion fans have an allocation of 716 seats, priced as follows:
£32.50 – Adult

Sheffield Wednesday, Hillsborough, Saturday 1st October, 3pm.
Albion fans have an allocation of 800, priced as follows:
£36.00 – Adult

It is a disgrace and I hope no one pays it. What will the price for the return fixture be?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Only 800 allocation for Wednesday? In a stadium that holds just under 40K. That is pathetic. I can only assume we get so few because they are such a MASSIVE club that they need the space for all their fans.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I normally go to Sheff Wed but they can **** off with those prices. £36 to sit in that dump of a stadium? FFS.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Cannot wait for the MASSIVE Wednesday, have ignored the new iPhone and bought one to get maximum lightage like the Owls fans.

14900_Dom-Joly.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've only been to Portmon Road twice. It's always expensive, cramped area at the side, and upper tier. That's why I save my money.

Hillsborough is expensive, lousy and I won't be going there either. There are far nicer grounds for less money.

Loadicus Trux

Jan 12, 2012
I was having a bit of a moan to a Derby fan, regarding the price of our tickets on the opening game at the Ipro.

She suggested, it might have something to do with Brighton charging them £35.00 when they visited the Amex.

Is it possible there could be a "tit for tat" thing going on?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Only 800 allocation for Wednesday? In a stadium that holds just under 40K. That is pathetic. I can only assume we get so few because they are such a MASSIVE club that they need the space for all their fans.

Can you blame them? We rarely take many to Wednesday - we didn't sell out the playoffs away leg.

However, there will undoubtedly be further tickets available if required.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Is the allocation more to do with what the club may have requested and can be increased if more demand ? Agreed the prices are piZZ taking , but ipswich is always expensive .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can you blame them? We rarely take many to Wednesday - we didn't sell out the playoffs away leg.

However, there will undoubtedly be further tickets available if required.

The playoffs were on a Friday night which made it difficult for a lot of our fans.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Oooft, If we are doing that then I can see why other teams might put our prices up. At least they get a comfy seat at the Amex and there isn’t a risk of a pillar blocking the view.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Wednesday hiked their prices as a well known fact they were going to be playing in the premireship this season , that went well , i'm afraid we can't really point fingers in the ticket price dept as ours are not exactly cheapo .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The playoffs were on a Friday night which made it difficult for a lot of our fans.

Oh really, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks.

I wrote on these pages several times as to why demand for the away leg was before and I completely understand why. Hell, I watched it in a pub down here myself. Last season's league fixture was midweek too (I did make that as I was working in the area that day) which would have seriously cut demand. I would have thought, for a Saturday, we may take more than 800. I'd put 1,200 or so as par for this one.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
In light of the "ThirtysPlenty" commitment in the EPL, these prices are a joke.

I wasn't planning on going to Hillsborough this season anyway. I was wavering on Ipswich, but those prices mean I won't be going.

PG

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yet the premier league now have a £30 cap on away tickets but Champ sides are charging this - disgraceful...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here