Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] GOLDSON CONFIDENT OF A PROMOTION PUSH

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion's defender feels the squad are well placed to mount another promotion push.

Connor Goldson believes Brighton & Hove Albion are even better equipped to make a sustained push for promotion this season.The defender, who made his comeback from a knee injury in the 2-0 Checkatrade Trophy defeat to Southend last Tuesday, says the squad are eager to kick on from the recent loss at Newcastle United, after the international break.
He said, “We have got a lot better squad this year.
“We also built in January last season, and I think now we have got a squad that is probably one of the best in the league.
“It is up to us to get over the disappointment of the last two games and go again after the international break.
“I want to be available as soon as I can and play as many games as I can.”
Goldson admits he feels fortunate to have only had a six-week lay-off after picking up the injury in a pre-season training camp in Tenerife.
“To be fair, I was lucky. When I was on the floor I felt it snap and I feared the worst.
“I thought it could be six to 12 months out like Solly [March] had but luckily it wasn’t.
“Thankfully it was just my medial ligament and the physio team took care of me really well.
“I have to say thank you to Adam [Brett] because even in Tenerife, he was with me every minute of every day and he helped me a lot.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

The 23-year-old accepts he faces a keenly-contested battle to get back into Albion’s starting 11, but treats this as a positive and highlighted the strength in depth across all parts of the team.“I'm in a good team, and in any good team, you are going to have competition for places.
“You look at our team now. We have got four great centre-halves, four great central midfielders, five great wingers and three good strikers.
“Everywhere on the pitch there is competition, so it gives you an extra push of motivation.
“You know every day in training and every game you play, you need to do well.
“I’m just trying to focus on myself and on trying to get back to top fitness and the top of my game.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here