[Official Site] DUNK: DEAL JUST THE START

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
dunk-reading-l229-3293586_613x460.jpg

PUBLISHED
06:00 7th September 2016
by Adam Tighe
Lewis Dunk wants to build on his new five-year deal.
Last year left a bitter taste in the mouth so I am more determined than ever to make sure we are the ones celebrating next May."
Lewis Dunk
Lewis Dunk is hoping that his new deal with Brighton & Hove Albion is just the beginning of a season to remember.
Having played an integral part of the side that narrowly missed out on promotion last season, the 24-year-old defender is now aiming to have his best season yet in an Albion shirt.
After penning a new five-year deal, he told seagulls.co.uk, “It is great to have put pen to paper but promotion is all I am really focused on, and I am hoping this is where a memorable season begins.
“Last year left a bitter taste in the mouth so I am more determined than ever to make sure we are the ones celebrating next May.
“I have been at this club for many years and come through the youth ranks, so to reach the Premier League with Brighton would be extra special for me considering how far I have come personally.
“Having started at Withdean, sometimes you have to double take when you realise where we are now, but we are in a fantastic position to make the next step.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Dunk was the subject of media speculation during the transfer window, but he insists he is pleased to have committed his long-term future to the club.
“Of course it is nice to hear other clubs are interested, because it means you are doing something right. But “Brighton have supported me throughout the years both on and off the field, so it wasn’t a hard decision to commit my long-term future.
“Now the window is closed, my new deal is signed and we have kept the core of last year’s squad together, we can get back to business, starting with what we hope will be another important three points this Saturday.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here