Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Peter Beagrie[/h]Football League Expert & Columnist

Last Updated: 01/09/16 6:11pm

oliver-burke-red-bull-leipzig_3774753.jpg
oliver-burke-red-bull-leipzig_3774753.jpg

Red Bull Leipzig unveil new signing Oliver Burke from Nottingham Forest

Sky Sports' EFL expert Peter Beagrie has given his verdict on some of the big Sky Bet Championship moves from the summer window.
Speaking on the*EFL Weekly podcast, Beagrie picked out a selection of top deals, from Jonathan Kodjia's move to Aston Villa to Oliver Burke's surprise switch to the Bundesliga.
pep-guardiola-jose-mourinho-lewis-hamilton-rory-mcilroy-graphic-sky-sports-3-months-half-price_3775812.jpg

[h=3]Half-price Sky Sports for three months[/h]Watch live Premier League football, the Ryder Cup and F1

Here is what he had to say on nine of the most eye-catching deals...
[h=3]Jonathan Kodjia - Aston Villa from Bristol City, £15m[/h]
efl-weekly-promo_3756596.jpg

[h=3]LISTEN: EFL Weekly[/h]Isaac Hayden and Chris Wilder feature, while Peter Beagrie assesses the big EF

It's a hell of a lot of money. You look at his recent history of 19 goals in 45 appearances last season and he will have to score more than that to justify his fee.*He fills a gap that Villa thought would be taken*by Abel Hernandez because they definitely wanted a player of his ilk. Kodjia is something a little bit different.
He is physical and combative, a bit like Rudy Gestede, but he's more mobile. That's what they need because they have Ross McCormack and Jack Grealish to supply.
jonathan-kodija-joe-lolley_3458146.jpg
jonathan-kodija-joe-lolley_3458146.jpg

Jonathan Kodjia (left) has left Bristol City for Aston Villa

[h=3]Albert Adomah - Aston Villa from Middlesbrough, undisclosed[/h]I have always waxed lyrical about Adomah - I think he is absolutely tremendous. In the modern Championship game, he's a goal threat from wide positions and can break at pace. He's brilliant in the division and when you throw Mile Jedinak into the mix, I think Villa have recruited really well.
middlesbrough-albert-adomah-premier-league_3776159.jpg
middlesbrough-albert-adomah-premier-league_3776159.jpg

Peter Beagrie believes Albert Adomah will be a great signing for Aston Villa

[h=3]Ikechi Anya - Derby from Watford, undisclosed[/h]When you look at Anya and Matej*Vydra [also signed from Watford], Derby have gone for pace and penetration. Anya has been marvellous in a wing-back position or a wide forward role, and he has experience teaming up with Vydra, who plays on the shoulder and*at his best is a natural finisher. When you saw how laboured Derby were in their defeat to Burton, pace was what they needed.
ikechi-anya-scotland-training_3435732.jpg
ikechi-anya-scotland-training_3435732.jpg

Scotland international Ikechi Anya made a Deadline Day move to Derby

[h=3]Oliver Burke - Red Bull Leipzig from Nottingham Forest, £13m[/h]We saw what he's capable of against Brighton. He is strong and direct and when you look at the amount of money Red Bull Leipzig have paid for him, it's been a meteoric rise. It's amazing, but I am disappointed because I think he could have been a real feature to watch in the Championship. He's a loss for people watching the division.
oliver-burke-nottingham-forest-brighton_3775060.jpg
oliver-burke-nottingham-forest-brighton_3775060.jpg

Oliver Burke's form for Nottingham Forest has earned him a big-money move

[h=3]Jamie Ward - Burton Albion from Nottingham Forest, season-long loan[/h]He's a wide player who scores goals, and he has plenty of experience. He will not have a problem settling in at Burton and it's a strange one that Forest would allow Burke and Ward go in the same window.
Ward is a player that Nigel Clough knows very well and his attitude is incredible. He is a spiky character and that's what I like about him. He is a good acquisition as far as their winning mentality goes.
jamie-ward-martin-skrtel_3478471.jpg
jamie-ward-martin-skrtel_3478471.jpg

Jamie Ward (left) is a Northern Ireland international

[h=3]Rickie Lambert - Cardiff City from West Brom, undisclosed[/h]Lambert is an England international and has a better than one-in-three goals record, which is just tremendous. He is not reliant on pace or athletic ability and we saw him in the Southampton number seven shirt - Matt Le Tissier's number - and he produced some remarkable performances and goals there.
He will be appreciated at Cardiff, and he's what they needed up front. If Anthony*Pilkington and Craig Noone can get the supply to him, I've no doubt he will score goals at this level.
premier-league-rickie-lambert-west-brom_3751990.jpg
premier-league-rickie-lambert-west-brom_3751990.jpg

Rickie Lambert struggled to make an impact at West Brom

[h=3]Daryl Murphy - Newcastle from Ipswich Town, £3m[/h]Murphy is a bit of an unsung hero and for the last couple of seasons under Mick McCarthy he has been incredible. He has added goals to his work-rate and his attitude is great as well. He used to run out wide too often for me, but he stays central now and it could be a great combination with Dwight Gayle. He will flourish at Newcastle.
daryl-murphy-ipswich-town_3774293.jpg
daryl-murphy-ipswich-town_3774293.jpg

Daryl Murphy (left) starred for Ipswich Town before leaving for Newcastle

[h=3]Adam Reach - Sheffield Wednesday from Middlesbrough, £5m[/h]Chris Kamara once described him as a better player than Stewart Downing and I've watched his development on loan at various clubs. He is an undoubted talent and is a lovely, balanced player, and he gives Wednesday options in the wide areas.
middlesbrough-york-city-friendly-adam-reach-jordan-rhodes_3740774.jpg
middlesbrough-york-city-friendly-adam-reach-jordan-rhodes_3740774.jpg

Adam Reach (centre) is looking to fufil his potential after leaving Middlesbrough

[h=3]Ivan Cavaleiro - Wolvers from Monaco, £7m[/h]I haven't seen too much of him recently, but he was tremendous at the U21 European Championship*last summer. It didn't happen for him at Monaco but he has talent and was linked with Man Utd in 2013. We know they are not adverse to a Portuguese winger at Old Trafford.
Wolves have paid a lot of money for him, but it just shows you the ambition of the club. Will it be blind ambition? If he sets the division alight then no, but let's wait and see.
ivan-cavaleiro-portugal-football_3776358.jpg
ivan-cavaleiro-portugal-football_3776358.jpg

Ivan Cavaleiro in action for Portugal

Listen to more EFL Weekly podcasts and subscribe via iTunes

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here