Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slow ticket sales for Brentford

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Currently 315 available seats in W1A which is more than I can remember seeing for any match.

Brentford haven't sold out their 1800 allocation so the South is going to have big empty spaces too.

Is this Sixth Season Syndrome?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think it's a combination of people becoming fed up with the trains and also the ridiculous placing of the international break. As if it wasn't bad enough thathe season starts in the middle of the time most people take holidays, just when one becomes used to the football again, it stops for a couple of weeks. It's almost a month since our last game at the Amex. That's wrong.

And there's the fact that Brentford aren't exactly a big draw.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Lots of people without kids also choose to holiday around now as it is the first week the robbing travel agents put their prices back down now the kids have gone back to school.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
My OP was mainly tongue in cheek as the crowd will obviously be relatively massive again - taken against pre-Amex days one of the top 20 or so Albion crowds in our 115 year history...?

But I was a bit surprised by 315 in W1A. I agree with the views above and immediately below about the reasons why.

More positively, my other previous bell weather block for judging ticket sales (the one at the East end of the North Stand) is already SOLD OUT for Saturday.

Let's hope for a decent game and that the big crowd who are there get right behind the team.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It must be a case that a fair few of those who bought match by match last year are amongst those who bought new season tickets for this campaign. As such, there must be a smaller pool of people out there who would have a high propensity to buy a single match day ticket.

Additionally, I would imagine a fair few folk with kids will have not longed return from holiday, will have been getting the family back into the old routine with schools back this week and football might not be top of their 'to do' lists just yet.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Looks like it will be a decent enough crowd. The north is almost sold out. There are a few blocks with high numbers still available and Brentford seem to of sold decent numbers although not all their allocation. Still be 25/26k sold which is good, no idea how many will be there, but holidays are now over so no doubt a few gaps wil be filled.
On a plus side the atmosphere home and especially away have been brilliant this year so who really cares what the numbers are? Turn up have a sing and let's hope we can put 3 more points on the board

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
It must be a case that a fair few of those who bought match by match last year are amongst those who bought new season tickets for this campaign. As such, there must be a smaller pool of people out there who would have a high propensity to buy a single match day ticket.

Additionally, I would imagine a fair few folk with kids will have not longed return from holiday, will have been getting the family back into the old routine with schools back this week and football might not be top of their 'to do' lists just yet.

But if the season ticket holder number is the same in total doesn't that mean there are some ex season ticket holders who are now available to buy match by match.

The holiday thing is definitely a factor though. As is two home games in a short space of time. Too expensive for some.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lots of people without kids also choose to holiday around now as it is the first week the robbing travel agents put their prices back down now the kids have gone back to school.

It's the airlines and the Tour Operators who are the thieves not the Travel Agents

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
On a plus side the atmosphere home and especially away have been brilliant this year so who really cares what the numbers are? Turn up have a sing and let's hope we can put 3 more points on the board
Very much THIS.

Can't wait for Saturday afternoon. Should be a great atmosphere with a decent away following, and the NS and WSU pretty much full. We have got a decent little repertoire of songs going now this season and provided the game is half decent I'm sure they will be belted out again.

Feels like a really important game to win and The Amex will be up for it!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nobodies noticed we have a Saturday 3pm KO, its a long time since February

This. People maybe waiting til the very last moment to buy tickets just so they can be absolutely certain Sky won't jerk this fixture around to Sunday tea-time or something :moo:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But if the season ticket holder number is the same in total doesn't that mean there are some ex season ticket holders who are now available to buy match by match.

The holiday thing is definitely a factor though. As is two home games in a short space of time. Too expensive for some.

There are more season ticket holders this year as people jumped on board for the, ahem, Premier League.

If you were going to choose one game to attend, particularly given the possible train shenanigans, you'd choose Saturday over Tuesday night wouldn't you (assuming you had the ability to actually get to both)?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I don't have any stats on it, but there does seem to be a migration from WSL to the north and also to family east. I guess it's a way for WSL people to neutralise the STH cost increases by moving to cheaper areas upon renewal. The north does seem to keep getting fuller (full this weekend) and the flanks of WSL do seem to be getting more sparse. Just an observation.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't have any stats on it, but there does seem to be a migration from WSL to the north and also to family east. I guess it's a way for WSL people to neutralise the STH cost increases by moving to cheaper areas upon renewal. The north does seem to keep getting fuller (full this weekend) and the flanks of WSL do seem to be getting more sparse. Just an observation.

The noise comes mostly from the North so good news that it is full

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Fixtures all over the place, no game for 3 weeks and then 2 in 4 days, no marquee signing to ramp up interest and people think they can't get there due to train chaos

Agree. People like(d) the routine of a Saturday game every fortnight, so they can balance going to games with the other important stuff in their lives. Aint never gonna happen again.

PG

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here