Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Klodhoppers shoes

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I know this sounds a bit wet but any advice great fully received.

Two weeks ago my daughter had shoes fitted at Klodhoppers shop after measuring ready for new school year.

Today after first day she has 3 red raw blisters where there are clearly ill fitting. I mean these are real bad.

What rights do we have taking these back.

Wife tried tonight but was patronised out of the shop by rude condescending manager. " They are just little blisters you should know better " etc.

How should I approach tomorrow?

Thanks

Love driller.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Elastoplast over the blisters and tell the kid to stop whinging....

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
From their blog:
Quote:

Adequate length, width and depth
All children’s footwear should be measured for length and width, and fitted by a qualified shoe fitter. The shoe fitter will also be able to assess the child’s foot and check for any other factors which need to be taken into account, for example, does the child have a very high arch? Or a very slim heel? Or does she wear orthotic inserts? An experienced fitter can assess a child’s foot with the use of their eyes and hands in a matter of seconds. The measuring gauge is merely a guide and a good place to start. Just because the shoe box says it’s a size 7F on the label, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s going to fit all 7F sized feet! (The fit can be down to the style, shape of the foot, material the shoe is made from etc). Poorly-fitting footwear in young children could result in deformity, whereas in older children it may result in toenail, joint and skin problems.

My point is that if they are experienced fitters, they should work out if blisters will occur.

http://www.klodhoppers.com/blog/2015/07/30/choosing-the-ideal-school-shoe/

Last edited:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Two weeks ago my daughter had shoes fitted at Klodhoppers shop after measuring ready for new school year.

Today after first day she has 3 red raw blisters where there are clearly ill fitting. I mean these are real bad.

Wife tried tonight but was patronised out of the shop by rude condescending manager. " They are just little blisters you should know better " etc.

Thanks

Love driller.

Join the modern world. Find a website called compensationfor blisters .com no win no fee and sue them?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The kids prices on that site are more expensive than the shoes I buy for me......

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
did you break them in, wear around the house for a bit? not being funny but blisters are part of new shoes, i've had pairs that fit like a glove then tear into the achillies for a few weeks before softening. no excuse for attitude from staff though.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
did you break them in, wear around the house for a bit? not being funny but blisters are part of new shoes, i've had pairs that fit like a glove then tear into the achillies for a few weeks before softening. no excuse for attitude from staff though.

I think you should show up to complain in the swim wear that Borat wore in his movie. They will soon give you a refund.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Thanks

Love driller.

What happened then? Did you go back?

Concerned of Southern Cross

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Indeed but what was worn to school day 2?

Or off school due to blisters

In my day, I'd have had to 'walk in' on my hands, if my feet were too painful.

Kids today...

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Aaah, school shoes. They said they'd never last, what a load of cobblers.

bfb7a55fa50bea866ea55e8cf4bf09b8.jpg

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
What happened then? Did you go back?

Concerned of Southern Cross

Mrs D went back with little miss D

Showed the red raw feet 4 blisters different places.
Had 'discussion' but was advised they did fit and that they were professionals etc.
Total fob off.
Very unprofessional and rude.

My advice - go somewhere else.

Kid in school with trainers until we go to clarkes Saturday.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
did you break them in, wear around the house for a bit? not being funny but blisters are part of new shoes,

WTF!!!! Jeezus!

Do you buy trousers that chafe for a while and then create a rash? Do you shrink your head to fit your hats?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mrs D went back with little miss D

Showed the red raw feet 4 blisters different places.
Had 'discussion' but was advised they did fit and that they were professionals etc.
Total fob off.
Very unprofessional and rude.

My advice - go somewhere else.

Kid in school with trainers until we go to clarkes Saturday.

Man alive. When my new school shoes pinched a bit, I used plasters and/or kitchen tissue in my socks till they were broken in.

Your girl needs to MAN UP.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here