KT17

Apr 19, 2014
...will not be north of the border...

14th March 7.45pm, AFC Wimbledon vs MK Dons

First league meeting...

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Totally agree though.

No one in the media or worldwide will have any interstest in Pep Guardiola's City travelling across Manchester to play his there fierce rivals, Jose Mourinho's United this Saturday, both still with 100% records.

Give me the League 1 scrap any day...

Last edited:

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
out of interest who do you consider our 'Derby' (or closest to a derby) this season?

Reading? West London teams??

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
out of interest who do you consider our 'Derby' (or closest to a derby) this season?

Reading?! They're so tinpot that I don't think any club considers a match against them to be a derby.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

I don't think we have one. I think it dimishes the concept if you always look for someone to fill the role each season.

If we're talking grudge matches, then obviously we'd like a bit of revenge on Wednesday.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We have no derby any season.
Some of our fans have this ridiculous notion that a South London club, with 15 other teams nearer to them and even teams like Reading, Stevenage and Southend about the same distance away from Selhurst as us, is our derby game. Its utter nonsense. Its laughable. Crawley is the only game that could reasonably be called a derby....same county etc....but it could be some time before we meet in league action.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Is a derby about distance or rivalry, south coast derby used to be Bournemouth as the others were out of reach league wise. Rangers aren't Celtic's closest by a long chalk

We have no derby any season.
Some of our fans have this ridiculous notion that a South London club, with 15 other teams nearer to them and even teams like Reading, Stevenage and Southend about the same distance away from Selhurst as us, is our derby game. Its utter nonsense. Its laughable. Crawley is the only game that could reasonably be called a derby....same county etc....but it could be some time before we meet in league action.

Deleted......I can't be bothered

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Is a derby about distance or rivalry, south coast derby used to be Bournemouth as the others were out of reach league wise. Rangers aren't Celtic's closest by a long chalk
If the rival team one plays is considered to be local, then it's a local derby. It was always described as such by the media since I was a boy in the 70's. So Saturdays match is a local derby.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Deleted......I can't be bothered

I know I'm in the minority. The vast majority of lemmings got swept up in the Palace thing years ago and now haven't got the guts to admit that its past its sell-by date, false and pretty meaningless. We should be comfortable in our natural neutrality and not desperate to perpetuate something that has no historical or geographical substance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here