Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - NY Knicks vs Chicago Bulls - Ticket help

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
My son and I are out in NY in January and I have noticed the Knicks are playing the Bulls. He really wants to go to the game (I am not that bothered).

Looking on the web, the cheapest ticket looks to be about $160.00. Do any of you knowledgeable peeps know a way of getting more reasonably priced tickets (if there is such a thing).

TIA.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stubhub nearer the time and hope at least one of the teams is shitehouse, which in fairness is likely.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I've been to a few NBA games (none at Madison Square Garden though - sorry), and unless the game is in high demand, or you have no luck via legitimate channels, then you should be able to get tickets from a scalper at a reasonable price. Arm yourself with a few twenties and you'll be golden.
Stubhub prices often come down closer to the game, and a quick google reveals a Stubhub ticket office near Times Square, a brisk wintry walk away.
In American sports home games are often in 'clusters', so there may be a more economical/viable game a day or two either side, although the Bulls are a big draw.
Manhattan in January will be BRASS MONKEYS. I definitely recommend THERMAL UNDERCRACKERS.
Hope you enjoy your trip

Last edited:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I've been to a few NBA games (none at Madison Square Garden though - sorry), and unless the game is in high demand, or you have no luck via legitimate channels, then you should be able to get tickets from a scalper at a reasonable price. Arm yourself with a few twenties and you'll be golden.
Stubhub prices often come down closer to the game, and a quick google reveals a Stubhub ticket office near Times Square, a brisk wintry walk away.
In American sports home games are often in 'clusters', so there may be a more economical/viable game a day or two either side, although the Bulls are a big draw.
Manhattan in January will be BRASS MONKEYS. I definitely recommend THERMAL UNDERCRACKERS.
Hope you enjoy your trip

Cheers. I went to NY this January and to be fair it wasn't that bad..Think I just got lucky. Will be fully prepared though. I liked it because there were no queues for any of the attractions.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Ive been to the Garden twice, first time there were tickets available on the day in the nosebleeds from the ticket office, Second time used StubHub and printed the tickets off before I went. Wait until the season starts and season ticket holders start putting their seats on Stub hub, loads will be available!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Ive been to the Garden twice, first time there were tickets available on the day in the nosebleeds from the ticket office, Second time used StubHub and printed the tickets off before I went. Wait until the season starts and season ticket holders start putting their seats on Stub hub, loads will be available!

Thank you.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I went to MSG for ice hockey. I was going to buy tickets online but for some reason I didn't, I can't remember why. Anyway, day before the game I went to MSG and there are ticket booths, bought better seats for less money. So win win. I've hockey was excellent as well, so check that out if you fancy it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
My son and I are out in NY in January and I have noticed the Knicks are playing the Bulls. He really wants to go to the game (I am not that bothered).

Looking on the web, the cheapest ticket looks to be about $160.00. Do any of you knowledgeable peeps know a way of getting more reasonably priced tickets (if there is such a thing).

TIA.

StubHub is the ticket. Both teams will be average at best this year so I'm sure you'll do OK with prices.

chrispyk

May 4, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I go to a few Pistons games every year and always buy on stubhub a few days to a week before the game. There's always someone who wants to get rid of their ticket so you just need to be aware for a good deal

matt

Mar 19, 2007
I've used StubHub for Knicks tickets a few times and not really noticed much change in prices as the event nears (despite wasting hours pontificating...). If you do use StubHub make sure you choose electronic tickets rather than postal, unless you have a reliable postal address in the US, as the tickets are generally issued quite close to the game day. SeatGeek is an alternative to StubHub but the prices will be pretty much the same.

Knicks have been awful for the last couple of seasons but should be better this year. They have signed pretty much a whole new team, including two of Chicago's better players, so if both teams are decent you may be lucky enough to see a regular season game that actually has some meaning as both teams are in the same division.

MSG is much nicer than it used to be; comfy seats and an excellent "jumbotron". Don't wear your high heels though as you'll have plenty of steps to walk down after the game. If the budget stretches get seats at or near mid-court even if they are in the higher levels.

Enjoy :)

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I went last december to nyc I saw the brooklyn nets play philli I got my tickets from ticket master you can choose you seats think I paid 30quid a ticket which was a bit steep but was sorted before I went out I fid want to see the knicks but they werent playing.it was good but once is enough.i would highly recommend radio city this is expensive but at xmas time was amazing I never goto the theatre my other hslf wanted to go but it was one of the best things we did 3d at the theatre is amazing.i was lucky with the weather as well hoody or coat and tee shirt was okay in december this was very rare.think its normally really cold

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah were just acquired by the Knicks from the Bulls over the off season. So there is some TV interest from Chicago but probably not in NYC. Rose was considered a sure thing for the Bulls when he was drafted. He was a home town Chicago kid. Since he has suffered many injuries and was not nearly as successful as many Chicago fans had hoped. Many Chicago fans hope he is an absolute failure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here