Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Brighton played the current England team, who would win ?

Jul 7, 2016
Personally I think the current England team is the weakest for many years. I think we would have a good chance of beating them. Do you agree? Yes I know it's not very meaningful as it's never going to happen but I thought quite an interesting thought. I also think we will get another striker in the January window.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No. You are looking at things through blue and white specs. None of our players are even close to being as good. If they were we'd have been turning down bids from far better teams than Burnley and Hull for them this August.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Personally I think the current England team is the weakest for many years. I think we would have a good chance of beating them. Do you agree? Yes I know it's not very meaningful as it's never going to happen but I thought quite an interesting thought. I also think we will get another striker in the January window.

Is that with England playing walking football ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agree it is weak, but we'd have very little chance. Man for man, who would you genuinely swap out from our first XI from the team ? Rooney for Baldock ? Kane for Murray or Hemed ? England v ....er....Iceland [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
The England team have some great individual players in there, but we've seen what Iceland can do to them.

If Brighton played as they did in the Wednesday play off second leg, I wouldn't count us out.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
England are a bunch of strangers, who get a couple of days here and there to train with each other, a league team are practicing together most days and whilst the quality of the individuals would be lower the team work would be far greater.

The game would be much closer than many would expect.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
No. You are looking at things through blue and white specs. None of our players are even close to being as good. If they were we'd have been turning down bids from far better teams than Burnley and Hull for them this August.
Iceland would disagree. Sorry been mentioned before. Still, wouldn't be surprised if BHA won a quarter final in a big event due to an England team crippled with the expectation back home and a lack of team spirit.

Last edited:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
For me it's like if we played Liverpool. We'd get a few results from 20 games but I'd predict that being a few draws and plenty of one goal losses, mixed with a couple of 0-3 1-4 type drubbings.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Maybe hold out for a draw if we were to park a certain vehicle, but beat them? Nah.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Away from the Amex no chance. At home maybe if we didnt concede and then got lucky with a goal from a free kick/corner or break away.
Stockdale for Hart?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
World Cup ready !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here