Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now Box with Plex v Kodi

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
Sorry if Fixtures but I can’t find it anywhere.
I would just like an opinion on which is the best buy and why?
Thanks in advance

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Mostly sport, football in particular and films

I have Kodi on an MXQ box. Brilliant for Films, Box Sets and Live UK Tele (use that when abroad) HD quality for the most part

Football is a bit iffy ... can always see every game that is being broadcast anywhere in world (so every Saturday 3.00 Prem game) but quality is hit and miss ... fine for me but the purist will turn their nose up

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I have Kodi on an MXQ box. Brilliant for Films, Box Sets and Live UK Tele (use that when abroad) HD quality for the most part

Football is a bit iffy ... can always see every game that is being broadcast anywhere in world (so every Saturday 3.00 Prem game) but quality is hit and miss ... fine for me but the purist will turn their nose up

Without wishing to divert the thread too much, when you are abroad what tpye of internet connection do you use,? What speed is it? Have you any idea how much data you use each month?
Internet is quite expensive here and I am shortly going to upgrade my wireless broadband to LTE. I have been experimenting with KODI and I want to ensure I get something that will do the job and give me enough data (30GB per month daytime and 30GB nighttime is a decent value option).

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Without wishing to divert the thread too much, when you are abroad what tpye of internet connection do you use,? What speed is it? Have you any idea how much data you use each month?
Internet is quite expensive here and I am shortly going to upgrade my wireless broadband to LTE. I have been experimenting with KODI and I want to ensure I get something that will do the job and give me enough data (30GB per month daytime and 30GB nighttime is a decent value option).

Spend 6 months abroad so it gets a lot of use but I've no idea how much data I use, I was checking myself recently what MiFi options were available (as a cost saving) but concluded that with the data used (told a movie uses 2 GB?) would be too high. I don't think the device will have any impact on data though

Our speed over there is 3mps and it works fine on wireless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here