Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've just wandered around 'Tomorrow's World' or whatever it's called in Preston Park

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

It's fairly sparsely populated in terms of punters.
And absolutely no sign of Raymond Baxter.
We could hear and see 'Suede' (l think) from behind the fence.
It reminded me a the 'Extras' Bowie episode - it's the literally same piece of grass.
image.jpeg

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
It's fairly sparsely populated in terms of punters.
And absolutely no sign of Raymond Baxter.
We could hear and see 'Suede' (l think) from behind the fence.
It reminded me a the 'Extras' Bowie episode - it's the literally same piece of grass.
View attachment 77682

We drove by around 1.30, and it was dead.

£55 for a day ticket for adult, might be the reason..

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Great picture.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Small crowd, yes, overpriced, yes, really enjoyable, yes. Seratones, Peter Hook's Joy Division /New Order set, Suede all excellent. Also a surprisingly tasty large vegan doner kebab for £6 and decent craft ale for £4.50. Work still to do but hope the event continues.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Maybe you should become a photographer.

It's a bloody sight better than your 'journalism' :thumbsup:

Last edited:

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Small crowd, yes, overpriced, yes, really enjoyable, yes. Seratones, Peter Hook's Joy Division /New Order set, Suede all excellent. Also a surprisingly tasty large vegan doner kebab for £6 and decent craft ale for £4.50. Work still to do but hope the event continues.

Agree with all that. Really enjoyed it - bought early bird weekend tickets a while ago (£45 for both days, not that bad really). And this is a picture of last night, taken by someone who knows how to use a camera.
ttp2016.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agree with all that. Really enjoyed it - bought early bird weekend tickets a while ago (£45 for both days, not that bad really). And this is a picture of last night, taken by someone who knows how to use a camera.
View attachment 77688

You're not fooling me. All you've done is taken the picture from the opening post and rotated it.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Also agree with that. A big improvement on last year's event. A much nicer layout, once good food and beer available. Most importantly the musicians were superb. Suede were surprsingly bloody brilliant, Brian Wilson and the Jardines made everyone forget the rain on saturday night, despite not being sing Hooky delivered the Joy Division/New Order goods in fine style. Of the local bands on show I was very impressed with Frankie Furlow, Atlas Wynd and MarthaGunn. A lot of good stuff on show.

I paid £99 and fees for the weekend after the Brian Wilson announcement which in my opinion was overpriced. If the organisers want this event to continue they will have to do better on the pricing, a two day event should really be no more than £60-£70. I hope they can keep it going as it was a very enjoyable weekend, i think they are pricing many people out though.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe you should become a photographer.

It's a bloody sight better than your 'journalism' :thumbsup:

Someones then got to train him to flip a photo 90 degrees. I think "journalist" is more useful as someone could use his posts for a "count the Grammatical errors" competition. He managed 6 in 2 short sentences a few weeks back and for me to spot that many is saying something.

i mean "fairly sparsely populated " is entering Alan Partrige country.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think "journalist" is more useful as someone could use his posts for a "count the Grammatical errors" competition. He managed 6 in 2 short sentences a few weeks back and for me to spot that many is saying something.
Which was the point I finally (I guess later than everybody else) realised that Timmy's HB&B persona is just a spoof account, nothing more nothing less.

Quite why he still gets 'fed' by the rest of NSC is beyond me.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Which was the point I finally (I guess later than everybody else) realised that Timmy's HB&B persona is just a spoof account, nothing more nothing less.

Quite why he still gets 'fed' by the rest of NSC is beyond me.

If you've ever met him you'd realise it isn't a spoof account although he does readily admit he posts stuff deliberately to wind people up, why people bite though is beyond me. His constant desire to get a rise out of people is a bit sad if you ask me, he could take a day off once in a while.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

From Beelzebab? Their stuff is really good!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here