Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help - DNS server not responding... Intermittent sync

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
My internet connection is dropping frequently - the internet light goes out on my router, and I keep getting these messages. TalkTalk help line stated it was not the router but could be a line fault and said to ring them back after 3-4 days to advise them of progress. However it is still dropping and eventually coming back for a time before dropping again. Can they fix it or will it need an engineer - if so how much will that cost?

Any ideas?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Several times until TalkTalk said that just made the problem worse by reducing the router speed.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I had this once with talk talk. It was that I had old telephone junctions all over the house that were disconnected and still live. Some wires were shorting out the net. You need to get an engineer to isolate everything and just make a straightforward line into your router. If all else fails try it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
go on youtube,select a video and right click over settings (bottom right corner),select stats for nerds.....not sure if this will help but might be of some use.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My dad had issues with his router, where the internet kept dropping out.
Was originally with Tiscali, who were taken over by Talk Talk.
After TT said it was basically his problem, they eventually replaced router and the problem was solved.
You just have to keep on at them and don't accept no for an answer.
Hope this has helped.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Get Virgin Broadband.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Have you checked your line with a handset?

Before calling an engineer out make sure all your cabling is working and correct particularly ADSL filters. If the engineer does find its your equipment then you'll get a hefty bill.

Mine kept dropping out back in February, intermittant internet and no phone completely dead. Once I replaced cables and filters and it still did the same and the new cheap phone i purchased did not work (but did at another property) I got the engineer. Turned out the junction box outside was the problem.

Don't keep trying to reset the router as this makes the problem worse, so turning it on and off is a big no no.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here