Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skalak v Norwood

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I wonder when the last time two Albion players faced each other in a competitive international?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Was it for a tackle on Skalak.?

Northern Ireland possibly lucky to still have 11 on the field as Brighton midfielder Oliver Norwood stretches and catches Vaclav Kadlec high, midway up his calf.

He's booked but he could easily have seen red.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I wonder when the last time two Albion players faced each other in a competitive international?

Not sure about a competitive fixture, but Gordon Greer and Aaron Hughes played against each other for Scotland and Northern Ireland respectively in a friendly at Hampden Park on March 25 2015.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Depends whether you consider the Home International Championships a "competitive" fixture, I guess. They did indeed start against each other at Wembley on February 23 1982.

They were full internationals, and yes, they were competitive matches (as opposed to friendlies - and they often actually got quite competitive too).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Mark Lawrenson/Gerry Ryan v Peter Sayer/Peter O'Sullivan ???

Sayer's last cap came before he joined the Albion. Peter O'Sullivan played 3 times for Wales; he did play for them against Scotland in the Home International on May 6 1976, but 8 days later he wasn't in the side that faced Northern Ireland (with Albion's Sammy Morgan) at the Vetch Field.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Steve Penny must come into the mix at some point maybe?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here