Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Revell

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I don't think we got rid of him. He asked to go in the same transfer window that saw Glenn Murray arrive as our then record signing (I think).

He knew he would be on the bench so made a choice.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
A reliable goalscorer in the lower divisions. Has forged a reasonable career for himself. Fair play.

Karl Robinson is still producing minor miracles at MK Dons.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Not being picky, but Southend higher than us ?? Just seems to be a pain when I see him. Also didn't realise he's 33 . Time flies !!

Technically they finished 1 place above us the season he moved. I always liked Alex Revell, wasn't ever going to be a great goalscorer but worked hard. That said I think his spell with us was his best on a goals to games ratio in his career. Although I don't think he'll ever score a better goal than the one for Rotherham in the play off finals though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We certainly deserve credit as the club who unearthed him from non league... Braintree Town I think.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We certainly deserve credit as the club who unearthed him from non league... Braintree Town I think.

Mark McGhee didn't get everything wrong when it came to player recruitment! Snapped up Revell and then Wilkins flogged him for an outrageous fee, which paid about half of the fee for Murray. I liked Revell but his hattrick against Bournemouth was the right time to sell him, we had Forster who was scoring goals and a really good offer on the table.

Definitely a player I look back on with fondness though, he was a good player for us.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
He has a nice smile but that's where the talent really ends

60051.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Yep quite right, Braintree Town it was. I had an awful lot of time for Alex Revell, (for Nathan Elder too, who was at the club at the same time), both players who had dropped into non league football, and who had worked incredibly hard to get back into the full time game.

Nathan of course dropped out of the league again a few seasons later, but Alex went on to forge a successful career for himself. Well done him I say.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Yep quite right, Braintree Town it was. I had an awful lot of time for Alex Revell, (for Nathan Elder too, who was at the club at the same time), both players who had dropped into non league football, and who had worked incredibly hard to get back into the full time game.

Nathan of course dropped out of the league again a few seasons later, but Alex went on to forge a successful career for himself. Well done him I say.

Agree with all that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In those Withdean dog-days, all we could really ask for was somebody who put their heart and soul into the cause. Such bought-in players were few and far between and we took to them mightily because it was all we had to celebrate. So we celebrated the likes of Andrew Whing, Paul McShane and Alex Revell. And rightly so. In their own way, they all helped us get where we are now. And each of them as individuals was worth a hundred Leon f*cking Bests.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
In those Withdean dog-days, all we could really ask for was somebody who put their heart and soul into the cause. Such bought-in players were few and far between and we took to them mightily because it was all we had to celebrate. So we celebrated the likes of Andrew Whing, Paul McShane and Alex Revell. And rightly so. In their own way, they all helped us get where we are now. And each of them as individuals was worth a hundred Leon f*cking Bests.

Indeed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here