Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Footy mad boy from Sunderland needs your help

daib0

Nov 20, 2011
Spain - England
As most of you know, I do quite a lot of inter-forum stuff, but I always try to be neutral when I'm not on for Reading FC matters. So ... the Sunderland admin lady on the Black Cat Chat forum has asked me if I could reproduce this on more forums ... so please do take a read and go to the link underneath. Any spare pennies would be really welcomed... but equally a message on any social network would be a good help too.

Here it is:

"Bradley Lowery is a Sunderland mad lad who loves his footy. Unfortunately, Bradley also suffers with a rare form of cancer called neuroblastoma, which can only be treated in the USA. In order to get there, Bradley's family need to rase more than £700,000, and we intend to help him get there and to help him continue to roar the Lads on for many more years to come! If ever there was a young lad deserving of your help and ours, then Bradley is that young lad. We aim to do our bit to help get this young boy the treatment he so richly deserves. Please, help us to help Bradley. Any and all donations are welcome."

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/NECharityFootball

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Love it when the football community comes together - I know I am not everyones cup of tea although most of the time its tongue in cheek but its great to see people digging deep for this cause. Times like this when the club you support is ignored all to help another fan

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
To some people (non football fans) football is all about the thugs that were shown on the news during the Euro's this summer. But the football family is a wonderful thing with the most generous and kind gestures taking place.

Its a family I feel truly blessed to be part of today. We done Everton.

It is with great sadness that I bring you this news.

Posted by his father earlier on the SMB.

So as most of you know Bradley's had scans the last few days. To cut a long story short I'm devastated to let use know that his cancer has continued to grow. We have had a meeting with Bradley's consultant and he has giving us three options but all three options only give us time with Bradley.
First option is to take him home and stop all treatment this would only give us 2 month. Bradley's consultant said if it was him he would do this. Second option is to give Bradley some oral chemo which is weak on the bloods. This is a palliative care option and he doesn't think it will do anything but he said we could try. Third option is that he is willing to give a antibody and chemo combination that I was looking to go to America for if we can fund the drugs which is obviously not a problem. However he believes if we do that we could lose Bradley through treatment and we will be in hospital for at least two months. He believes regardless of the three options we have they all have the same outcome and that is Bradley will lose his fight. I honestly have no words to how heart broken I am right now. I really don't know how I'm going to make a decision either to take my baby home and have a couple of months with him or put him through more gruelling treatment that could leave him fighting for his life and to have the same outcome. Bradley and his daddy having cuddles today ❤️❤️❤️

Just how do you make that decision,

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Was just reading that, puts so much in to perspective. couldn't think of the words to write within the thread either, harrowing.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Oh God. Every parent's worst nightmare. My heart goes out to Bradley and his whole family. Whatever decision they make, I hope that they get as much joy and comfort as they can in whatever time is left to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here