37/1 Hales out

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
64/2 Root bowled

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Nothing will give me greater pleasure than to see this lot beaten 5-0. I dislike them with a passion. Their attitude and behaviour on the cricket field has been appalling for years. There are no depths of gamesmanship to which they won't descend. They have turned intimidation of umpires into an art form. Concerted, controlled and vociferous appealing is commonplace and only part of their bag of tricks. Generations of Pakistani cricketers have grown up believing that this is acceptable behaviour. Relatively new as a country and late into the historical cricketing arena, they caught established cricketers on coir matting wickets, in an attempt to achieve early success. Pakistan bowlers have been credited with the development of reverse swing but we all knew the methods they were using. The subservient cricketing authorities failed to do anything just as they had with the previously innocuous Bob Massie, who 20 years earlier, destroyed England at Lords, with 16 wickets, mainly taken with wildly swinging deliveries.
They have no class or dignity and are the complete opposite of India, who respect the traditions of the game.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I actually think Pakistan were a breath of fresh air to watch in the test series this summer and none of the gamesmanship that Mo mentions was evident in that series. Misbah and Younus Khan in particular have been great ambassadors for their country.

The ODI series has been a bridge too far for them. England's star is in the ascendancy in 50 over cricket at the moment whereas Pakistan are stuck in a rut in that form of cricket. In the long format though, they are a very good team to watch at the moment.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Nothing will give me greater pleasure than to see this lot beaten 5-0. I dislike them with a passion. Their attitude and behaviour on the cricket field has been appalling for years. There are no depths of gamesmanship to which they won't descend. They have turned intimidation of umpires into an art form. Concerted, controlled and vociferous appealing is commonplace and only part of their bag of tricks. Generations of Pakistani cricketers have grown up believing that this is acceptable behaviour. Relatively new as a country and late into the historical cricketing arena, they caught established cricketers on coir matting wickets, in an attempt to achieve early success. Pakistan bowlers have been credited with the development of reverse swing but we all knew the methods they were using. The subservient cricketing authorities failed to do anything just as they had with the previously innocuous Bob Massie, who 20 years earlier, destroyed England at Lords, with 16 wickets, mainly taken with wildly swinging deliveries.
They have no class or dignity and are the complete opposite of India, who respect the traditions of the game.
Tripe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here