Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sams first pick

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Joke if Alli walks into that England team. He's been awful since April. The England team should be picked on form, not who you play for. Defoe should've gone Euros, over Wilshere, Sturridge etc. Perfect example. If Rashford played for Sunderland, Defoe played for United..who'd of gone France? ??? Calling up a keeper with 125 (?) league caps under his belt is a joke also. Sam Allardyce has won 1 Div 3 title 18 years ago... Woooo.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Persisting with a goalkeeper whose distribution has been absolutely woeful his entire career is the most astounding thing. Hart's distribution makes Kuipers look like Messi!

The best English keeper is currently injured. Jack Butland, by a country mile.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Persisting with a goalkeeper whose distribution has been absolutely woeful his entire career is the most astounding thing. Hart's distribution makes Kuipers look like Messi!

Nobody has ever questioned his distribution until Guardiola said he wanted a ball playing keeper like Nuer. Yes he had a bad Euros conceeding 2 goals from his bad positioning but IMHO he is big enough to come back from that. Last season he was touted as 1 of the best 3 in the world.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
To put it bluntly, if you could polish a turd, then England might have some
hope. Sam - if I was you, I'd resign now. Save a couple of years pain for all
of us.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'd be interested to know how many are football fans. I'm a Brighton fan and that's it these days. I don't watch any other football aside from the odd international and have little idea or knowledge about much outside of my club team. My other interests take up most of my spare time.

This.
I think Rooney should've retired / retarded, hell what's the difference.
Seriously he should've quit international footy, straight after this year's Euro 2016 debacle.
Do not give a crap about England anymore, concentrate on the Albion, that's my motto :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This.
I think Rooney should've retired / retarded, hell what's the difference.
Seriously he should've quit international footy, straight after this year's Euro 2016 debacle.
Do not give a crap about England anymore, concentrate on the Albion, that's my motto :)

Are you not patriotic and want your national team to do well?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Nobody has ever questioned his distribution until Guardiola said he wanted a ball playing keeper like Nuer. Yes he had a bad Euros conceeding 2 goals from his bad positioning but IMHO he is big enough to come back from that. Last season he was touted as 1 of the best 3 in the world.

Totally agree with this! Seems fashionable to knock Hart since Guardiola came to City. Best available keeper at the moment!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

BG - not when they don't try, lose all the time when it comes to the crunch, come across as wan**r prima donnas and
think that they are entitled to wear the shirt. Bunch of ******s the lot of them .

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Of course BG, but it's always the same before any tournament, England get built up on how good they are, because we have done well in qualifying.
Come to the actual tournament, so much expectation, then we fall at the first hurdle.
Just had enough for the time being.
Up the Albion :albion2:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

For me it's not just England, it's all non-Brighton football. It's simply a case of having a number of other interests which I take up my time and nothing to do with patriotism etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not every team plays from the back with a rollout to the full back. I would hazard a guess that Sam will say the quickest way to get the ball into the opposition area is to kick it there and providing the team are up for it, it is very succesful. How often does David Stockdale launch it forward if the opposition are pressing us? It is ok if the opposition are sitting on the half way line you have time to play it out but if they are all in our half a big boot is the answer. In Harts case he launched it and Aguerro picked it up and headed for the goal.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
And BG adds to his post count! It is not a suggestion it is the team! Carroll is out for months again with an injury! Personally have little interest in England these days!

This is an interesting observation, as whilst talking to another Seagull Supporter yesterday re' yet another 'International footy break' they also said, exactly that! Which made me consider, that I too despite being (to a decent degree) patriotic, am hardly bothered now with International Soccer. Though I do take more interest in World Cup and Euro Finals. I can remember in bygone days of feeling some excitement when there was an International game due, even went occasionally.
So why is that, too much of it, boring, unsuccessful? I really don't know why, but whilst I am ever mindful of BHA, I find I am much less interested in watching England, even when only on tv!.....Disturbing ???

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
How about, crazy idea coming, we hold back the judgements until they've at least played once...?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If new manager Allardyce can't think of even one new name to pick in his team after that underwhelming Euro 16 tournament then God help him and God help us.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
"Everyone will want us to win. Some will expect us to win but I don't think it will be that easy based on Slovakia's record.

"Winning is what we want. If the nation thinks that's the only thing we can have to make us feel better, we'll try. But personally, if we get a draw from the most difficult game of the group, I'll be happy."
Sam Allardyce

Is this not part of the problem? The team hasn't kicked off and the manager is trying to manage expectations! What sort of signal does that send the players - it's ok if you don't win? No wonder they constantly give up when the going gets tough...

Contrast this with the rugby team. They too were shocking during the world cup but an Aussie coach has taken over and started by saying that he expected the team he picks to win every game. No excuses. They won the grand slam for the first time in 13 years and then went down to Australia and stuffed them out of sight in their own back yard too!

I am not suggesting that England's footballers will become world beaters with positive thinking but FFS - if your manager starts by suggesting a draw away to Slovakia is a great result then give up now you wet lettuces.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think this may put us in the wilderness years, poor choice of manager in my view.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I thought everybody on here was a football fans and as such would have a view on who should and shouldn't be in their national team. and because there is only Strictly and X Factor on the main TV channels a discussion on this would be more interesting. Sorry I am obviously wrong.

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

We don't get fooled again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here