Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last Chance U - Netflix

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Anyone else watching Last Chance U?

It's a documentary series about a junior college American football team. I'm no fan of the sport but it's great TV. The stories of the individual players are engaging and the sports action is beautifully filmed and exciting. The coach is a character too. Highly recommended.

Netflix have been making some fantastic shows recently. Any other documentary recommendations?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

It's a documentary series about a junior college American football team. I'm no fan of the sport but it's great TV. The stories of the individual players are engaging and the sports action is beautifully filmed and exciting. The coach is a character too. Highly recommended.

Netflix have been making some fantastic shows recently. Any other documentary recommendations?
Haven't got Netflix but will plug a documentary I did a lot of videos for. If you have any interest in old computer games, From Bedrooms to Billions is an excellent history of how kids in their bedrooms started the billion dollar games industry. It was on Netflix so I assume it still is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jon12345

Jul 22, 2014

Just seen the first episode on your recommend and it's superb thanks.

This might interest you College football at the other end of the scale.

A 100,000 seater stadium, A coach that has won multiple championships and is hero worshipped by fans. 100 million dollar plus earnings a year. One small problem a Jimmy Saville character as one of the coaches and people turning a blind eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtZJ4aNFUE0

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Any other documentary recommendations?

Anything from Storyville on the BBC is 99% gold.

Anvil
Your Father's Murderer, A Letter to Zachary
Capturing the Friedmans
Jinx
Hoop Dreams

... all are grippingly watchable, IMO. Or find a list of best doc Oscar winners over the years - a good place to start.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I binged the documentary in one week, I thought it was excellent!

It would be interesting to see how the player's careers turn out, like if anyone turns pro and what the players who dont turn pro end up doing career wise.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I watched the us kids golf one a while back. It's s tough game to start with but these poor kids with their parents' pressure. Anna Kornivoka's brother was one of the juniors they followed

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016

Good shout, not heard of this previously but I've just watched the first couple of episodes on the back of your post. Looking forward to another episode this evening to see how things pan out for them. Cheers for the heads up.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Just finished Last Chance U today. Really enjoyable. That scrap in their last game though...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here