Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Referee Mark Halsey's claims.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
This. Halsey only had to ask the person making the request to put the request in writing. And then kick up a stink.

I suspect it would have required a brave man to challenge the referees' association who would have probably killed off his career and got away with it. I always quite liked Halsey. I remember having a chat with him when we were at Gillingham - decent bloke and imo a decent ref.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Dean is actually in the right.

They directive was for refs to clamp down on shirt pulling at corners/set pieces.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...wn-on-penalty-box-fouls-in-the-premier-league

Which is needed

What's needed is more consistency. So a player pulling back on an attacker's shirt will concede the pen each and every time. One of the reasons people become so disillusioned with the game is that there's no guarantee that two identical incidents in a game (or identical incidents in different matches) will get the same treatment by the refs. If a player blocks a free kick by throwing his arms towards his face, will that constitute deliberate handball or unintentional? If a player mouths off to a ref, will he get cautioned, sent-off, or neither? It's one of the things I think that makes football the poor man's equivalent of rugby or cricket, because even though I find them more boring to watch, at least there's a great deal more respect for the officials and the sport in general.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What's needed is more consistency. So a player pulling back on an attacker's shirt will concede the pen each and every time. One of the reasons people become so disillusioned with the game is that there's no guarantee that two identical incidents in a game (or identical incidents in different matches) will get the same treatment by the refs. If a player blocks a free kick by throwing his arms towards his face, will that constitute deliberate handball or unintentional? If a player mouths off to a ref, will he get cautioned, sent-off, or neither? It's one of the things I think that makes football the poor man's equivalent of rugby or cricket, because even though I find them more boring to watch, at least there's a great deal more respect for the officials and the sport in general.

I don't disagree.

I'm merely pointing out Dean is the one in the right here.

For me I think it's near on impossible for refs to all be the same, I just want consistency in the same ref - then you know where you stand - as you have pointed out.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Where there is too much money you will find corruption....sadly this is modern football and after not missing home games since the late 80s I am seriously considering giving it all up when we reach the premiershit

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
The biggest problems are total inconsistency (even within some matches) and the frankly awful quality of the referees outside the top three or four PL refs. The quality of the officlals at our level really is bad.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Refs Assoc is a semi-Masonic body, thin end of a very thick wedge imho.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It gets even worse if this is true, someone is going to do time

[tweet]772083574107475968[/tweet]

Wow forget any FA investigation, the Police Fraud team need to get involved now if there is any substance to this comment

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He needs to name the people that told him to keep quiet. Too easy to leave it as the 'organisation' told him to ignore incidents!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here