Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Referee Mark Halsey's claims.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Not exactly breaking news,it is common knowledge that these refs are cheats,I suppose the revelation from one of their own is the news.
It is corruption,plain and simple,The FA will do duck all about it.
There to make sure the rules arezdherred to, no more

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Not exactly breaking news,it is common knowledge that these refs are cheats,I suppose the revelation from one of their own is the news.

The referees at grass roots level have enough hassle to deal with, dealing with parents on the side lines and know it all thugs that sometime frequent Sunday morning football.
If this stuff is true, they all get tarred with same brush?
You are probably right in saying that FA will duck out of this, not wanting to upset the beautiful people.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Wouldn't class this as cheating, it is allowing the game to be refereed retrospectively. If the ref admits he's seen an incident but didn't think there was anything in it, the decision has been made and nothing can be done.

By being directed to say they didn't/couldn't see the incident, it allows the F.A. to act after the event.

Not cheating, but covering up gross incompetence.

Wouldn't class this as cheating, it is allowing the game to be refereed retrospectively. If the ref admits he's seen an incident but didn't think there was anything in it, the decision has been made and nothing can be done.

By being directed to say they didn't/couldn't see the incident, it allows the F.A. to act after the event.

Not cheating, but covering up gross incompetence.

So a ref leaving Joey Barton on the pitch when he SHOULD have been sent off at least twice is not cheating?
And as for Dein at Boro,!the whole world can see how corrupt British refs are.
Rotten to the core.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It raises a question around the moral competence of Mark Halsey by just meekly going along with the request to say he had not seen the incident. A person with a stronger backbone would have not agreed with that, and maintained a position of yes I did see the incident and at the time decided no action was required.
Whether he believed he would be sacked if he did not go along with this request should be irrelevant as by agreeing to go along and say he did not see anything he is drawn into the at best misguided behaviour and also the cover up until now.

It would be interest to see what the outcome if a club brings a legal action against the refereeing body and the referee on the basis that their actions deprived them of European football or avoiding relegation. A successful claim could run into millions in compensation.

At the very least the FA should start an immediate investigation and the PL referees body needs to issue a statement on the accusation and needs to restore confidence that this is not the position going forward.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It raises a question around the moral competence of Mark Halsey by just meekly going along with the request to say he had not seen the incident.

This. Halsey only had to ask the person making the request to put the request in writing. And then kick up a stink.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
At the very least the FA should start an immediate investigation and the PL referees body needs to issue a statement on the accusation and needs to restore confidence that this is not the position going forward.

This :)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So a ref leaving Joey Barton on the pitch when he SHOULD have been sent off at least twice is not cheating?
And as for Dein at Boro,!the whole world can see how corrupt British refs are.
Rotten to the core.

Strong words, perhaps you can provide the evidence of what money has been given to the British referees, given that the definition of corrupt is having or showing a willingness to act dishonestly in return for money or personal gain..

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
attachment.php

Banners from the referees site.
https://www.the-ra.org/

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-03-12-01-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-09-03-12-01-29.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 1,047

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Referee can send Baldock off and probably knows his got it wrong but can't say because the ref is always right.
I would prefer refs to review the games afterwards and they could make recommendations to change a decision as this affect players careers and clubs and paying fans and I would respect ref far more in these cases as they have the time know that they are fully Proffisional in The Premier and championship.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
not surprising really is it...? the lifeblood of what is left of English culture to probably 60% of the population and still , this particular entity is open to corruption , falsehoods , inconsistencies , back handers and still another means by which the rich will rinse the poor...mike dean , jesus christ , say no ****ing more.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Referee can send Baldock off and probably knows his got it wrong but can't say because the ref is always right.
I would prefer refs to review the games afterwards and they could make recommendations to change a decision as this affect players careers and clubs and paying fans and I would respect ref far more in these cases as they have the time know that they are fully Proffisional in The Premier and championship.

i think refs should be forced to do a post match interview and explain tenuous decisions....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

So much wrong with this, can you provide proof of a ref cheating in the uk top leagues?

Money changing hands as a form of a bribe?

Illegal betting on matches?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here