Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Love Affair of re-inventing "old comdies".

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
They could always put Jim Hacker and Sir Humphrey onto the Brexit team.

Basil employing more staff this time from eastern Europe

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
They could always put Jim Hacker and Sir Humphrey onto the Brexit team.

Basil employing more staff this time from eastern Europe

I loved that....very funny sketch

but......................a lot of loss making companies bring lots of pleasure to a lot of people

For instance Brighton last year gave fans a great football year on the pitch despite not quite achieving promotion. Eurostar continues to take people to their destination despite not making profits. So yes Capitalism is the best way forward but money is not the only thing which ''tickles your ears'' or other parts of your body for that matter

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I loved that....very funny sketch

but......................a lot of loss making companies bring lots of pleasure to a lot of people

For instance Brighton last year gave fans a great football year on the pitch despite not quite achieving promotion. Eurostar continues to take people to their destination despite not making profits. So yes Capitalism is the best way forward but money is not the only thing which ''tickles your ears'' or other parts of your body for that matter

You will never work for the BBC.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You will never work for the BBC.

Not directly- NO - but they have courted my advice on other issues in the past and have paid me for it, so yes you are correct I will never be an employee. My views are a bIt too left of centre for them.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I really enjoyed the Goodnight Sweetheart update tonight. Very well written by Marks and Gran who have previous in updating TV series to varying degrees of success (Shine On Harvey Moon, Birds of a Feather) and they introduced some threads where things have been left up in the air a little so they could feasibly make another series if they wanted to.

What I saw of Young Hyacinth, it was essentially Roy Clarke doing what he did about 30 years ago when he made a prequel to Last of the Summer Wine called First of the Summer Wine. It was OK, although I was never overly fond of Keeping Up Appearances.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Should get the rights from ITV for this, would go down a treat.

51o9JaZ0SAL._AC_UL320_SR226,320_.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here