Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non League Day

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Anybody going to watch a local game? Thinking of going to either Lewes or Worthing with some mates, we know about the bar at the Dripping Pan, anybody know what the set up is at Woodside Road? Are there any decent pubs near the ground?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I keep meaning to get to a Worthing game, though half the battle is convincing other people to go along as well...not the easiest sell sadly.

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
Down to watch the rocks in the fa cup. Hopefully another 5 goal mauling after battering worthing last monday. Got to say even though they had a player sent off they were woeful. Only banks in goal came out with any credit. Long ball after long ball. Poor poor showing. Where as bognor were superb !!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Southwater FC v Worthing Borough - NB vested interest as Junior working his way back to match fitness and hopefully restoring himself to the County Circuit after a long-term injury.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Half price admission if you take your BHA season ticket at many games.
Downside is no drinks outside the clubhouse if a FA Cup game.

I may go and watch Newhaven if it's not raining hard, they are out of the FA Cup and they have got a bar.

Is the drinks in the bar rule only for Worthing, or is it standard for all FA Cup
Matches?

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Worthing Town Leisure v Montpelier Villa for me, in the Southern Combination Football League Division 2 @ Palatine Park. My old Sunday League side have moved up the football pyramid into the County League and have tentative plans to put in a 3G pitch in order to progress further.

Decent article on the project here, in the unlikely event that anyone is interested!

https://dbauckham.exposure.co/serious-leisure

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Half price admission if you take your BHA season ticket at many games.
Downside is no drinks outside the clubhouse if a FA Cup game.

I may go and watch Newhaven if it's not raining hard, they are out of the FA Cup and they have got a bar.

Is a small part of the old South Stand from Withdean still at Newhaven? I know the largest chunk was bought/hired by Whitehawk for the Enclosed Ground, and small parts went elsewhere, Newhaven and Peachaven, or so I thought?

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Is as small part of the old South Stand from Withdean still at Newhaven? I know the largest chunk was bought/hired by Whitehawk for the Enclosed Ground, and small parts went elsewhere, Newhaven and Peachaven, or so I thought?

Yes Newhaven have Withdean seats behind both goals and in the main stand, non at Peacehaven.

Is the drinks in the bar rule only for Worthing, or is it standard for all FA Cup
Matches?

It's ALL FA cup matches, the bar staff have taken a bit of stick from strangers at cup matches, but the FA will come down on clubs like the proverbial as supporters drinking pitchside (even from a plastic cup) is a threat to national security.

Myself and about 50 others will be taking the relatively long trip to Brimscombe and Thrupp FC v Peacehaven, the annoying FA rule won't apply to me though as I'm doing the Dryathon (cancer research) nod driving down there.

(As I've mentioned it now, I might as well ask, if anyone wants to donate £1 simply text 70070 and type PTFC69 £1 (just as I've written it) thanks in advance)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes Newhaven have Withdean seats behind both goals and in the main stand, non at Peacehaven.

Interesting. I often wonder where my old seat, G Block, Row J, Seat 164 turned up! No way of knowing of course, the number stickers kept falling off the seats anyway.

The seats and the stand were in a sorry old state when we left Withdean. Hate to think what they look like now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here