Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fleabag

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Thought it was brilliant.

Really well written and excellent characterisations. An emotional rollercoaster, with some genuinely laugh out loud moments.

9/10, would be 10 but i thought the brother in law character wasn't acted particularly strongly.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Brilliant telly. Very very good. Was adapted from a one woman show I believe. Not as brave a commission as people just do nothing (funny but too many brentisms but produced by ash atalla so you can forgive that) but you cannot fault the bbc on either.

I had a quick look at the writer page, turns out the same person as the lead, she adapted it from an edinburgh stage show.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
watched them all - it's brilliant, very dark in places. What certainly helps is that they are all very good actors, rather than comedians, I mentioned on the Steptoe thread how having actors in comedy can be a risk but does allow the show more options in terms of telling a story (e.g. not just personality based one-liners).

Hope there's a second series.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Had never heard of this until seeing this thread.

Just watched the first two on catchup and onto the third. It's very watchable and reminds me a little of Witless. Thought the Psycho shower scene in episode two was brilliant.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Episode one of the SE02 was astonishingly good. Blood, Lots of blood, Catholics, Alcoholics, and Olivia Colman.
Watch it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Great to see the better bits of BBC3 being bumped back on to BBC1 rather than being forever consigned to their BBC3 online only ghetto. Long may that strategy continue!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The first series if you have not see it is fantastic and if not is currently available on Iplayer recommend you watch that first

Having said that if the first episode of series two is anything to go by then series two is setting up to be even better than that it's funny dark, funny sexy, funny brilliant, great cast British comedy at its very best

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Saw one or two episodes of Fleabag with Mrs V, comes over as a cross between Gervais's " embarrassed " style comedy combined with Bridgit Jones Diary but with no boundaries of what is off the radar. Not for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here