Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fleabag

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Great cast. Why on earth are the BBC hiding it away on BBC3. Best I've seen for ages.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Great cast. Why on earth are the BBC hiding it away on BBC3. Best I've seen for ages.

It's actually about a young woman, trying to cope in the contemporary world, so it's not too far away from BBC3's profile. Plus, just because 3 is no longer a channel, it doesn't mean that money shouldn't be spent on its programmes. And finally, the better things always deserve a little bit of effort.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's actually about a young woman, trying to cope in the contemporary world, so it's not too far away from BBC3's profile. Plus, just because 3 is no longer a channel, it doesn't mean that money shouldn't be spent on its programmes. And finally, the better things always deserve a little bit of effort.

You miss my point. It deserves a bigger audience.

Jimmy Grimble

People Just Do Nothing is another BBC Three sitcom that is very good.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You miss my point. It deserves a bigger audience.

That's a good point.
But the biggest audiences often emerge over time, with slow burners. BBC1 attracts the biggest audiences of the corporations channels, but if Fleabag was shown on that, I can imagine certain newspapers getting in a lather about its content.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Giving it a run out before sticking it on BBC2, praps?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Brilliant telly. Very very good. Was adapted from a one woman show I believe. Not as brave a commission as people just do nothing (funny but too many brentisms but produced by ash atalla so you can forgive that) but you cannot fault the bbc on either.

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
Just watched the first episode having seen this thread, pretty good, will definitely watch the rest when I get the chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here