Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield cut out and keep phrases

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
They've got a very capable squad with a decent fanbase and a talented maverick at the helm. They'll certainly be getting the same stuff we did last season from opposition teams but if they're getting results, they shouldn't really care.. think they're in with a real shout of competing for the top 2 this season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
His first team? I'm not sure you really know much about El Pres, judging by that statement. I've seen him at numerous crappy, midweek Albion away games at all sorts of deeply unattractive venues over the years. Not to mention plenty of home games, which isn't bad for somebody who lives approximately 250 miles from the Amex.

When you live in a deeply unattractive venue (i.e. approximately 250 miles from the Amex) it makes it relatively easy to get to, errrrm, deeply unattractive venues for midweek Albion away games. How often do you see him at deeply attractive places in the Southeast, such as the Amex, for midweek games, eh?

Aside from that, I reckon a fair few of us said a fair few of those phrases about Bournemouth the year they went up. I'm pretty sure I used some of them in conversation with your goodself.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Your continual sniping at real Brighton supporters is frankly, bitter , abusive and shallow......touche !

On a personal note how is your 1st team, Man City going to fare this season....? Still got your season ticket ..?

Why would a City fan (working on the basis that that part was true in some way) be bitter towards 'real' albion fans? Surely losing at Withdean isn't still haunting them?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've said it several times already, but Huddersfield are my dark horses this season. Wagner is a good manager.

Cue several musical puns.

Not just musical. SINISTER!

wagner.jpg

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I take it from the references to clelebrations that they do something German with their fans at the end if they win...

Call me an old curmudgeon but I hate that sort of orchestrated bollocks of exhibition and think it has no place in the English game. Just hope to Anthony Knockaert we don't see it at The Amex in a couple of weeks time.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
You really misjudged this post, didn't you?

Erm, no.....but in fairness to you it is something of an 'in' banter between myself and El Presidente that has gone on for some years now.

I pretend to be a fair minded poster and El Presidente in return responds to my posts by pretending to be a Grimsby fishersmans wife. I have no doubt it will continue until one of us pegs out. He has been kind enough to invite me to join him for a drink at a home game at some time in future which of course I will be delighted to do. We just need to fix a date when I,m over from France and our home game doesn't clash with Man City.

Despite his many faults I do genuinely believe (and know) he is a fine fellow.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
His first team? I'm not sure you really know much about El Pres, judging by that statement. I've seen him at numerous crappy, midweek Albion away games at all sorts of deeply unattractive venues over the years. Not to mention plenty of home games, which isn't bad for somebody who lives approximately 250 miles from the Amex.

Indeed he does. Apologies to a well respected and fine poster like yourself. If I may refer you to my post no 28 for a partial explanation. I will refrain from putting a x at the end of my posting in reply , despite El Presidente frequently doing such, in response to my postings.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Whilst agreeing with all you have said it doesn't stop him being a bit of a cock does it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here