Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Chichester

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Thinking of relocating to West Sussex, possibly in the near future.
Can anyone recommend decent property papers, other than the usual internet sites.
Many thanks in advance.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sussex Life!

D

Deleted member 2719

Thinking of relocating to West Sussex, possibly in the near future.
Can anyone recommend decent property papers, other than the usual internet sites.
Many thanks in advance.

If you moving to Chichester, we have a few new houses/flats going up, what are you looking for???

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Get a copy of the Chichester Observer; there are usually two property supplements with it.
Don't know how old you are, but although Chichester is a pleasant place, it is a place that is run by old farts for old farts.
That is my view and I'm 68! It could do with a bit of livening up.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Get a copy of the Chichester Observer; there are usually two property supplements with it.
Don't know how old you are, but although Chichester is a pleasant place, it is a place that is run by old farts for old farts.

49!
Cheers for that :)

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

No it doesn't. It is perfectly fine as it is - a nice little County Town. The A27 needs sorting but that is the case for the whole of Sussex.

Given the choice I would rather live in one of the villages around Chichester than the town itself although Sullington is obviously the place to be in West Sussex... :thumbsup:

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Worked in Chichester for years and met the wife there. Loved the place but haven't been back for a few years apart from trying to drive around it but it had some excellent pubs and was generally well kept.

Her auntie lives in Felpham but apart from the beach there's isn't much there except access to Bognor and I believe that's gone a bit down hill of late.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If you moving to Chichester, we have a few new houses/flats going up, what are you looking for???

Hi, will be looking for a 2 bed, either semi or detached, with garden and garage.
It depends what happens family, work wise in the nest few years.
Just getting a feel for whats about :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hi, will be looking for a 2 bed, either semi or detached, with garden and garage.
It depends what happens family, work wise in the nest few years.
Just getting a feel for whats about :)
Hmmmm, I'm not convinced you'd pass the entrance exam.

We don't just let any old galoot into Better Sussex, you'll probably be better off house hunting in lesser Sussex..

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Worked in Chichester for years and met the wife there. Loved the place but haven't been back for a few years apart from trying to drive around it but it had some excellent pubs and was generally well kept.

Her auntie lives in Felpham but apart from the beach there's isn't much there except access to Bognor and I believe that's gone a bit down hill of late.

To be fare it's probably on the up, The old LEC site has been redeveloped, Rolls Royce have invested millions in a new distribution centre which will generate hundreds of new spin off jobs. New housing in North Bersted plus the new link road. True it has more Polish than Warsaw but before they came it was just another run down Victorian seaside town so you could argue that their input has helped regenerate the local economy.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I went to college in Chichester and it's still one of the 'local' towns to me (being in Fittleworth, nothing is close...). Chi is fairly decent, but it depends if you want convenience or beauty, as there's a number of lovely places nearby that would suit.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hmmmm, I'm not convinced you'd pass the entrance exam.

We don't just let any old galoot into Better Sussex, you'll probably be better off house hunting in lesser Sussex..

attachment.php

Here I'll have you know, I did my apprenticeship in Hastings for many years, does that qualify? :)

Attachments

• tumblr_m3momtSqm31qcqfqvo1_250.gif
    tumblr_m3momtSqm31qcqfqvo1_250.gif
    853.7 KB · Views: 287

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
No it doesn't. It is perfectly fine as it is - a nice little County Town. The A27 needs sorting but that is the case for the whole of Sussex.

Given the choice I would rather live in one of the villages around Chichester than the town itself although Sullington is obviously the place to be in West Sussex... :thumbsup:

Ha-ha,Jakarta; well, my days of wild excitement are well behind me, some of which were spent in Chichester back in the late '60's. It wasn't very exciting then, but there were a lot of pretty girls around that made up for it! :love:
Seriously though,and this probably won't affect AmexRuislip, for a city with a huge college and a thriving university not to have even one nightclub is quite extraordinary.
As for the A27, there is a great hoo-haa down here at the moment re proposals for alleviating congestion. No-one can agree on the best way forward and rather like the traffic, any progress may be slow. :down:
Still a nice area to live in though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here