Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Search fail - Charity Shield help ?

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
Making a throphy/shield in honour of a fried that has died, and trying to decide the best way to layout the name plaques for each comp

i.e. start top centre and go clockwise round

so i thought i would copy how it is done on the ORGINAL charity shield - but can i find a close-up picture online ??!! (no)

would also like a nice pic of the mighty BHA name on the shield

any help outthere people ?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I like this but no sure it's what you want

Brighton_%26_Hove_Albion_1910.jpg

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Those name plates on the wooden surround have all been removed these days and have been replaced by an engraved flat silver surround.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
(pendant) on the Community shield has they are engraved on the flat silver surround, but the Charity Shield still exists ?

what i want is a detail photo of the original Charity sheild

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Trying to track down one of these programmes would seem to be your best bet

old-historic-vintage-charity-shield-football-programmes-EEKAWT.jpg
1984-CHARITY-SHIELD-PROGRAMME-EVERTON-v.jpg

Can't find any hi res pictures that show this detail

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
(pendant) on the Community shield has they are engraved on the flat silver surround, but the Charity Shield still exists ?

(Pedant) It is the same shield that was the charity shield that is now called the community shield. Just look how many winners are engraved around the shield, the Community shield has only been going for about 14 years. The original winners names were all transcribed across to the new surround.

Like others I have searched and failed to find a close up of the original charity shield, that is legible. Sorry.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
(Pedant) It is the same shield that was the charity shield that is now called the community shield. Just look how many winners are engraved around the shield, the Community shield has only been going for about 14 years. The original winners names were all transcribed across to the new surround.

Like others I have searched and failed to find a close up of the original charity shield, that is legible. Sorry.

(Pedant) the current shield has the word COMMUNITY on it, the one we won in 1910 had the word CHARITY on it so it is not the same shield that was the Charity Shield

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
(Pedant) the current shield has the word COMMUNITY on it, the one we won in 1910 had the word CHARITY on it so it is not the same shield that was the Charity Shield

Unless the name was polished out and re-engraved then clearly you are right.

Top spot there :D

Although this picture has the flat engraved silver surround along with the word Charity on the shield itself.

Just how many shields are there?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here