Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ifs & Buts

hertsseagull

hertsseagull
May 15, 2011
I was pondering this last night about the window:

If:

1. Solly had not been injured last season, it's probable we wouldn't have signed Knockaert last season;

2. That same uninjured Solly had continued to play this season in the same way he did in the early part of last season; and

3. We'd just signed Knockaert in this window to play the No.10 role,

then I think we'd all be very happy indeed right now (instead of reasonably satisfied which seems to be the post-window closing sentiment).

If you agree with my logic, then once Solly is back, we're in a pretty good place as regards the additional striker we never signed.

Of course, if my Auntie had balls she'd be my Uncle etc so this logic is open to criticism, but it cheered me up so I thought I'd share and see what NSC thinks.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think that it's a non sequitur to say that if your Auntie had balls she'd be your uncle. All that can be said for sure is that she'd definitely not be your Auntie any more.

On your other, less existential point, I suspect you're right...

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I think that it's a non sequitur to say that if your Auntie had balls she'd be your uncle. All that can be said for sure is that she'd definitely not be your Auntie any more.

On your other, less existential point, I suspect you're right...

Sounds b****cks to me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here