Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the fourth best striker in the squad?

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
If Hemed was injured this weekend and with Baldock suspended, who would you play up front with Murray?

I'd go with Murphy, as he finishes well and is happy to run at defenders a la Wilson.

Elvis doesn't convince.

And would you prefer COG to the alternative? (Does COGs loan have a recall clause?)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
COG cannot be recalled until January 1st at the earliest.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's a shame no one from the DS is making a case for this place; I hope this changes soon. I'm almost certain COG can't be recalled. Knocky is so good on the right that it seems pointless using him. March could be perfect but he may be a little too lightweight. Skalak is a good shout as will put in 100%, shoot very well and we'd also get his set pieces. Lua Lua was tried in the centre before (was it Hyypia?), he could do well there with his shooting, dribbling and hold up play BUT I think your 4th choice selection is the best.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Murphy had a stint up there last year for a short time if I remember. If we're that desperate, he can fill in, we're not short of wingers.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Jonah Ayunga has been called up to the Kenyan national squad, he'll probably be one who disappears and we won't hear of again.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stats for last season say:

Murray 70% chance of scoring per 90 minutes (same as Zamora)
Hemed 50%
Knockaert 30%
Lualua 30%

All the other contenders come in about 20%, Stephens about 15%. Dunk 10%

A bit more composure in front of goal, Baldock, Murphy, could up their total. Lualua starts with a higher baseline and has more skill if less application. My bet would be just as likely that Lualua could up it to 40% if he is played further forward.

I don't see Murray getting any better and might fall to 60% chance and Hemed could improve to 60%, as long as they don't play together and get in each others way.

Burnley (hated team) had Gray on 60% and Vokes 40% last season. I think it is an advantage that the goals do not come from just two players.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Your mum.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Give Bjordal a go, looks better than the other DS players and maybe could adapt if given opportunity?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I like the look of Maguire-Drew but sadly he is out on loan. Only 18 but looked capable enough in the game on TV at the weekend.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Elvis. He's not as bad as many on here make out. I would be very happy to see him prove a few people wrong if he ever were called upon.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Elvis. He's not as bad as many on here make out. I would be very happy to see him prove a few people wrong if he ever were called upon.

Perhaps but I can't see him as a number 10 as he does not appear to be creative or have much of a football brain. In the right role where his speed, strength & shooting skills can be exploited; he has a chance. I don't know what role in what system that is though?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'd give Manu another chance... he is improving fast...

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

Agreed - big season for Elvis as I am sure at some stage he will get a run in the side. Hope he takes the opportunity. Hoping his albion career is a slow burner.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here