Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Hacienda nightclub, Manchester

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This is for anyone who was lucky enough to have been back in the day, there's a website that's got loads of downloadable DJ sets from various nights there all the way from 1983 up to 1997. There's quite a few legendary DJs in amongst them: Greg Wilson, Andrew Weatherall, Lil Louis, Todd Terry, Frankie Knuckles, David Morales et al.

I only got to go a couple of times and got to see Laurent Garnier and Mike Pickering although I don't think any sets from those nights are up. It's a shame hearing about all these nightclubs closing down now. Those were brilliant times.

Here's the link: http://blog51hacienda.blogspot.co.uk/

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
This is for anyone who was lucky enough to have been back in the day, there's a website that's got loads of downloadable DJ sets from various nights there all the way from 1983 up to 1997. There's quite a few legendary DJs in amongst them: Greg Wilson, Andrew Weatherall, Lil Louis, Todd Terry, Frankie Knuckles, David Morales et al.

I only got to go a couple of times and got to see Laurent Garnier and Mike Pickering although I don't think any sets from those nights are up. It's a shame hearing about all these nightclubs closing down now. Those were brilliant times.

Thanks for this Buzzer - I too only made it once (sometime in 1995 - I think) but it was legendary.
Will make for happy reminiscing this!!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I saw King Kurt & The Meteors play there does that count

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I loved the Madchester club scene when my sister was at university up there. A few pills and BOSH! Some of the best nights ever. Although it was a few years later there used to be Coronation Street actors, Lee Sharpe and other celebs. Drink was so cheap as well as every other girl being stunning. Great memories. :)

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009

great place, always preferred though Club UK in wansdworth until it met the same fate

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
These two issues may be linked!

#BeerGoggles

Manchester is still a great place for a night out!

I was a student in Manchester and lived there from 86-93 great times and there were so many good clubs etc indi and otherwise. Student night at the ritz was £1 to get in and you got a free bottle of Pils... Great times

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was a student in Manchester and lived there from 86-93 great times and there were so many good clubs etc indi and otherwise. Student night at the ritz was £1 to get in and you got a free bottle of Pils... Great times

I'm going to the Ritz to see a couple of gigs in the next month or two, Heaven 17 and The Mission. Sadly a tad more than £1 to get in now :(

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm going to the Ritz to see a couple of gigs in the next month or two, Heaven 17 and The Mission. Sadly a tad more than £1 to get in now :(

I went up last year to see my mate who stayed up there (Pompey fan) and went to aflecks palace ..... Not the same place anymore all commercial no teddy boys or skinheads hanging out on the stairs near the juke box....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Only managed it once, summer of 96. It was on its way out but much better than anything we had at the time

Once for me as well. As an aside I've seen Greg Wilson, Andrew Weatherall, Todd Terry, Frankie Knuckles, David Morales and Laurent Garnier at other times and places. I once met Knuckles and he gave me a huge bear-hug which I'll cherish forever. RIP

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Only managed it once, summer of 96. It was on its way out but much better than anything we had at the time

Oh, I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one - some of the clubs 'down South', including in Brighton, were amazing.

But I concur whole-heartedly with peoples' views and memories of one of the original 'super clubs' of the 90s.....was brilliant in there.

I'm so glad I was born when I was and lived through this period of dance music, drugs, and club explosion - the happiest of happy times.

Oh, I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one - some of the clubs 'down South', including in Brighton, were amazing.

But I concur whole-heartedly with peoples' views and memories of one of the original 'super clubs' of the 90s.....was brilliant in there.

I'm so glad I was born when I was and lived through this period of dance music, drugs, and club explosion - the happiest of happy times.
Only my opinion, I wasn't a massive clubber, I just liked Manchester (still do)

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Only my opinion, I wasn't a massive clubber, I just liked Manchester (still do)

Fair enough!

Just lucky, like I said previously, to have 'been around' when clubs really did become something special, and wherever you lived up and down the country there were incredible places to go until the wee small hours (and beyond) that guaranteed an incredible experience (the come down the next day though, especially with a home game at the Goldstone, was a completely different story however!!!)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here