Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackstock Anyone ?!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Why would we bring in someone worse than Chris O'Grady? When we'e been trying to get Chris O'Grady permanently off our books for the last 18 months?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why would we bring in someone worse than Chris O'Grady? When we'e been trying to get Chris O'Grady permanently off our books for the last 18 months?
The question is more about whether a striker is a better 4th choice than Elvis.

Of course rating Blackstock as a worse option than Elvis is possible.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As it stands we have 1 striker to bring on if the 2 who start are not performing so giving him a place on our bench would give us more options. So iof his wage is lowish I would say yes sign him. If we sign a better one in January we can ditch him like we have COG

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
As it stands we have 1 striker to bring on if the 2 who start are not performing so giving him a place on our bench would give us more options. So iof his wage is lowish I would say yes sign him. If we sign a better one in January we can ditch him like we have COG
What's wrong with Elvis?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Is he better than we already have?

No.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is he better than we already have?

No.

The answer to that is yes in the scenario posted as our only striker option for the Brentford game is Elvis, God help us. He looked better against Colchesters reserves but this is Brentford first XI we are facing. I would suggest he is probably better than COG, or has always appeared so against us.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
In any scenario I'd use Elvis over Blackstock any day - He's already our player, and he's shown signs of improvement this year.

You just want to get a body in to make up the numbers in my opinion.

Our forward options are numerous, especially with Solly on his way back.

I really don't see the why people are panicking. We're stronger than last season - That's good enough for me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have options wide but none as central strikers and Manu has shown he is not good enough. He looked ok against Colchester Reserves in the EFL but otherwise has looked awful. He has had the chances cut our losses and try to reach agreement to pay him off as per Holla.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Why would we pay him off now? He won't be able to join anyone else till January anyway!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We have options wide but none as central strikers and Manu has shown he is not good enough. He looked ok against Colchester Reserves in the EFL but otherwise has looked awful. He has had the chances cut our losses and try to reach agreement to pay him off as per Holla.

It's ultimately down to Hughton to coach Manu in improving his game, but equally it is down to him to be receptive to Hughton. With our state of the art training setup and coaching staff I expect an average player to become a good player.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why would we pay him off now? He won't be able to join anyone else till January anyway!

Is that our problem? If the pay off works out better than paying his wages to do nothing . Could he play in UAE China or anywhere else I dont know.

If the ability isnt there all the coaching in the world will not help.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Well yes. You're suggesting that we give Elvis a pay off, then replace him (at more expense) with another player who is probably no better? He was released by Forest for a reason - He aint good enough any more, simple as that.

It just doesn't make sense on any level.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am only going by the problems he has caused us in the past when he has played against us.

It has been suggested in the past that some clubs ask their defenders who they find most difficult to mark and put them as a target to bring in.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I just want an option on the bench if the 2 strikers are struggling, which we dont have at the moment.

Yes we do!!

Aaagh! I give up - You win BG.

Why don't you ping over your idea to the recruitment team?

Don't be too upset when don't receive a reply though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here