Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephane Sessegnon

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Don't mean to go all BG (linking every free agent who could potentially play in a position we require to us) but surely Sessegnon would improve our striking options significantly and we wouldn't have to pay a transfer fee? Ditched by West Brom so probably won't find another Premiership club but surely could do a job at this level. Are the club pursuing free agent options I wonder or is our business done until January?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ade is free.

Adebayor-462258.jpg

Captain Bellend reporting for duty

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The club will be looking at free agents for sure.

But we won't hear about it, and they may conclude there is no deal worth doing.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Don't mean to go all BG (linking every free agent who could potentially play in a position we require to us) but surely Sessegnon would improve our striking options significantly and we wouldn't have to pay a transfer fee? Ditched by West Brom so probably won't find another Premiership club but surely could do a job at this level. Are the club pursuing free agent options I wonder or is our business done until January?

Agreed - I've been banging this drum for weeks now.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
A quick search on Twitter and fans from almost every Chamionship club and some Prem teams are getting excited about signing Sessegnon. He plays the position we are in most need of IMO. Guaranteed game time, come on Steph, join your old team mate Poc.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We would need to get a deal done swiftly before some desperate Premiership clubs throw money at a contract for him a couple of months down the line. Sessegnon has the experience and is the type of player we need.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
There are a few about it just depends if they are what we are after SS is a good player certainly at this level. There are a few others on the free list worth some consideration, although looking at the list they all seem the moody type. Dani Osvaldo?, Berbatov, Analka, Adebayor all seem to have that in common.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes please... but it won't happen...

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
There are a few about it just depends if they are what we are after SS is a good player certainly at this level. There are a few others on the free list worth some consideration, although looking at the list they all seem the moody type. Dani Osvaldo?, Berbatov, Analka, Adebayor all seem to have that in common.

Dani Osvaldo has retired from football to pursue a music career. On behalf of NSC and Southampton FC, I would like to wish him all the best.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
This isn't actually the worst shout in the world.

Could be a great bit of business, however I am sure he has a number of offers that he is considering.

Must be gutted that he got released and West Brom then signed Robson-Kanu - massive kick in the gut

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's a great idea, but we will be competing with some of the lower clubs in the PL, so I doubt we'd get him. It may also depend on his wage demands?

I doubt we'll be competing with loads of Prem clubs, as I say he was released by West Brom and no one has taken a punt on him as of yet. If we get a decent contract offer sorted (we were going to pay £8m + presumably big wages for Pritchard) he would still cost us far, far less and has a lot of experience.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We would need to get a deal done swiftly before some desperate Premiership clubs throw money at a contract for him a couple of months down the line. Sessegnon has the experience and is the type of player we need.

Two things come to mind . . .

1. Knowing that a few Premier League teams may want to throw a contract at him shortly, he may wish to bide his time until they do.

2. Is he a free agent for a reason? . . .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here