Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby SING another one

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Or how to annoy and upset team spirit / players by having too many players & also how to break FFP?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another on that sailed away...

...I know!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Or how to annoy and upset team spirit / players by having too many players & also how to break FFP?

Not sure you can say we have great team spirit as it stands...

Fair play to Derby, throwing everything at it again with their super rich chairman

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How would they break FFP, they have just sold a player for £10.5 million. Surely that will help balance the books.

True that - either way I find them the most weird club. The quality of strikers they have is scary yet they only get half hour every 2 weeks each and none seem to match precious form. It's just weird..
Not sure you can say we have great team spirit as it stands...

Fair play to Derby, throwing everything at it again with their super rich chairman

I'm pretty sure you can - we have a great team spirit. One player possibly sulking won't change that :thumbsup:

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Proves FFP is complete bullshit.
How long have we known we need at least another forward option? Massive failure by the club for not strengthening this.
Am glad we've kept the squad together but it seems a bit short sighted to refuse moves for Stephens, Knockaert and Kaz et al for what now looks like playoffs at best. May as well have cashed in and called it what it is.
Let's hope we can stayin contention and strengthen in January again, failing that, guess we're in the realms of 'go again next season'.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

You seem to have a thing about the Rams ???, just for the record, I think are transfer window activity has been very sensible, I'll let you do the maths...

In:-

Wilson - Loan (don't know the fee)
Vydra - 8m
Anya - 3.5m

Out

Hendrick - 10.5m
Martin - Loan 3m (ridiculous, I know)
Grant - Loan (don't know the fee)
Albentosa - 1.3m
Shotton - 1m
Buxton - 300k
McDonald - Free
Warnock - Free
Thomas - Free
Calero - Unk
Roos - Loan

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You seem to have a thing about the Rams ???, just for the record, I think are transfer window activity has been very sensible, I'll let you do the maths...

In:-

Wilson - Loan (don't know the fee)
Vydra - 8m
Anya - 3.5m

Out

Hendrick - 10.5m
Martin - Loan 3m (ridiculous, I know)
Grant - Loan (don't know the fee)
Albentosa - 1.3m
Shotton - 1m
Buxton - 300k
McDonald - Free
Warnock - Free
Thomas - Free
Calero - Unk
Roos - Loan

Looks like good business to me.

I'm jealous that you managed to get some exciting striking options. But, they are a gamble as both Vydra and Wilson did not have their best seasons (although Wilson did play very well against one particular club).

BUT

Murray will score more than Vydra, Anya & Wilson put together. Please feel free to bounce this at the end of the season.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Proves FFP is complete bullshit.
How long have we known we need at least another forward option? Massive failure by the club for not strengthening this.
Am glad we've kept the squad together but it seems a bit short sighted to refuse moves for Stephens, Knockaert and Kaz et al for what now looks like playoffs at best. May as well have cashed in and called it what it is.
Let's hope we can stayin contention and strengthen in January again, failing that, guess we're in the realms of 'go again next season'.

So despite keeping all the players that came within 2 goals or 3 minutes of the PL AND adding strength to defence and midfield you've already written off the season - you must be very difficult to please !

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Our net spend is far more than Derby's this time around. The most unfair aspect is that Newcastle can blow tens of millions on a squad that should win the league and still end up with a massive profit - that's not what parachute payments were intended for.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Looks like good business to me.

I'm jealous that you managed to get some exciting striking options. But, they are a gamble as both Vydra and Wilson did not have their best seasons (although Wilson did play very well against one particular club).

BUT

Murray will score more than Vydra, Anya & Wilson put together. Please feel free to bounce this at the end of the season.

I somehow think you may be right, but that's a £10 charity bet in anyone's book right?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Our net spend is far more than Derby's this time around. The most unfair aspect is that Newcastle can blow tens of millions on a squad that should win the league and still end up with a massive profit - that's not what parachute payments were intended for.

What do Newcastle's total sales add up to? Must be around £70m now? Have they even gone into the red during the window?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here