Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ten car pile-up on M23 (only minor injuries)

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I had a lovely 3 hour journey home from Marlow to home (26 miles) yesterday because of a 7 car pile up on M4 - I was not happy

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
How on a day with perfect driving conditions can we have a 10 car pile-up? What are the chances of at least half of them were driving too close to the car in front?

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1471..._delays_but_lane_due_to_re_open_in_next_hour/

Great photo in the Argus story which includes a pavement, not sure when this was introduced onto motorways, mind you the road surface is extremely poor for a motorway.

Given where the accident happened on the M23 I would suggest vehicles cutting in, others too close and drivers not being alert.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Another striker poached then...

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
People joining the M25 also often get in the correct lane far too late.

A combination of that and people driving far too close to the car in front is a likely cause.

It's why I'd rather stay in a hotel than drive the motorways twice a day. At least I can reduce my exposure to the mad drivers out there.

I hope nobody was injured in this incident. Cars are pretty strong nowadays and it helps when they're all travelling in the same direction. Fingers crossed.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Great photo in the Argus story which includes a pavement, not sure when this was introduced onto motorways, mind you the road surface is extremely poor for a motorway.

Given where the accident happened on the M23 I would suggest vehicles cutting in, others too close and drivers not being alert.

Yep it looks like the last bit of the M23 that hasn't been upgraded yet. Not surprised there was an accident.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How on a day with perfect driving conditions can we have a 10 car pile-up? What are the chances of at least half of them were driving too close to the car in front?

i'd say given the conditions (or in any conditions ) they were all driving too close.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here