Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Satisfied with our business?

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
The acquisitions of Glenn Murray, Oliver Norwood, Shane Duffy, Steve Sidwell and Sebastien Pocognoli plus the retention of all the players that in previous regimes may have gone, Stephens, Kayal, Knockeart, Dunk, seems an excellent piece of business from CH, TB and the rest of the Albion hierarchy! We also have Goldson, Huenmeier and March all nearing return after lengthy injuries which will be like 3 new additions. I am satisfied with that. We have loads of options on a matchday and our goals come from over the pitch. Up the Albion!

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Almost but not quite. The club wanted another striking option and it's clearly required.

That said, it's not 11pm yet.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Kind of - but seeing loads of clubs in our league sign random players from Spain and Portugal is making me jealous

They are having all the fun threads of people trying to blag they have seen the player and that they are flair/crap/amazing. Even if we get Dack he is from Gillingham and we mostly know about him. It is ruining the day for me to be honest.

I am expecting no news until 10.30pm when we get the usual tweet of them packing up and turning the lights off at the AMEX with a comment of 'all done - positive window for the Albion. Yes it has been positive but I am greedy

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The club won't have given up and will be ringing round most of Europe for a striker loan. You never know.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Ulloas left Leicester training early!! No one knows where he's heading, but there's a good chance he's heading out of Leicester on loan....fingers crossed!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Assuming we don't have any unexpected departures, then a striker with pace would be the final piece of the jigsaw and would make this an excellent window overall.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ulloas left Leicester training early!! No one knows where he's heading, but there's a good chance he's heading out of Leicester on loan....fingers crossed!!

Not for me. The only thing we lack up front now is pace, and Ulloa certainly doesn't fix that.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I am expecting no news until 10.30pm when we get the usual tweet of them packing up and turning the lights off at the AMEX with a comment of 'all done - positive window for the Albion. Yes it has been positive but I am greedy

I'm with you on this. Plus the normal cringy comments from the club. If that was a positive window, I dread to think what a slighty dissapointing window would be!.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

We have Murray we do not need Ulloa imo

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Honestly, I'm 50/50. The Stephens saga has left a bit of a bitter taste in the mouth and I hope he sorts himself out if he stays. Like everyone else, I also think we're missing a striker. Personally, I'd also have bought in a number 10 on top of that to give us more options, but then again I'd like to see Hughton being more flexible, particularly away from home. I am glad to have kept hold of our best players (so far) though, and I think Poco and Murray in particular are excellent signings.

However, I do think there's been a lot of players that have gone for respectable fees that we could have competed for that would have improved us further.

Basically, I think this was a big, big opportunity for us to kick on and make a statement about our intentions, and whilst the signings have been good, I don't think they've gone far enough at this stage (hopefully I'll be proven wrong by 11pm).

Either way, I'll be glad when today is over.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think we all know we need a striker / 'no.10' as the kids seem to say - but if we don't get one it's also a sign that our recruitment is much better now if that makes sense. Gone are the Burke/Poyet days of last min panic buys. The Pritchard deal really ****ed us - and I see Norwich have signed others in that area since - odd move by them...

But overall I'm delighted - if the missing piece of the jigsaw has to wait until January, so be it. I have faith that we identify the right targets only and don't panic. Some of our fans throwing their toys about it are an embarrassment - all in all it seems a good window - but time will tell...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Absolutely not, yes, good signings so far BUT we do not have the last piece of the jigsaw yet, that crucial #10 attacker, as previously mentioned Hemed/Murray doesn't appear to work and Baldock for me isn't a top 6 team championship striker... This season may not be as successful as last without that #10 signing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here