Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hal Robson-Kanu

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think what we're craving is pace up front, and HRK does not give you that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I see he's still a free agent.

Would he be a good signing as the No. 10 we are craving for?

:moo:.

He wasn't worth his own thread, hence me not starting one 2 minutes earlier. :lolol:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Free agent Hal Robson-Kanu 'to decide new club AFTER transfer window' - but has plenty of offers
16:21, 24 AUG 2016 UPDATED 16:22, 24 AUG 2016
BY AARON FLANAGAN
The former Reading man was one of the stars of Euro 2016 with Wales and says that he has received offers from England, Spain, Italy and France.

Hal Robson-Kanu is set to decide where his future lies once the transfer window has closed.

The Wales hero, who was one of the stars of Euro 2016, has reportedly received a raft of offers since his release from Reading.

But according to the Daily Mail, he will not decide who he will sign for until the start of September.

Robson-Kanu is believed to have received offers from clubs in England, Spain, Italy and France following his impressive summer.

Crystal Palace, Hull, Swansea and Watford have all been linked with moves for the 27-year-old, while he is also believed to have been offered bumper wages from Chinese Super League clubs.

Robson-Kanu had been at Reading since 2007 but allowed his contract to expire at the end of last season.

Speaking in late July, he said that the time was right to leave Reading.

"Without doubt, running down my contract at Reading was the best decision of my life.

"Reading wanted me to stay but I felt it was the right time to move and take my future in my own hands. I always believed in myself.

"We've had offers, I've made no secret of the fact that my desire is to play in the Premier League again and I think I've proved what I can do at the highest level. I know I would be an asset to any Premiership side and I would score goals."

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The player in question is Robson-Kanu. the £30m fee quoted for Sissoko is the buy out fee and according to Sky they offered him to Sphrs for 5 payments £6m which Spurs have turned down as too much.

Right... I know that. The point is that years of poor performances can be eradicated by one good Euros, as is being shown by the outrageous fee Newcastle are demanding for Sissoko following his performances at the Euros.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Right... I know that. The point is that years of poor performances can be eradicated by one good Euros, as is being shown by the outrageous fee Newcastle are demanding for Sissoko following his performances at the Euros.

The release fee would have been set when he signed and not influenced by anything in the Euros. Spurs may have enquired about him because of performances in the Euros though.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The release fee would have been set when he signed and not influenced by anything in the Euros. Spurs may have enquired about him because of performances in the Euros though.

Ahh, that's where we're getting mixed up. A buy out fee doesn't mean anything other than that that's the maximum they can charge. It's designed to put clubs off because it's supposed to be in advance of the player's actual value. The club can accept less. By your own logic, we could ask for an infinite amount of money because there is no ceiling in Stephen's contract and he was one of the best players in the league.

Either way you've missed the point, which is that a few good games at the Euros have led to Newcastle demanding more than they could otherwise expect to get because a few games have been enough to raise his profile. It is the same with Robson Kanu no doubt, who will be able to ask for an extortionate contract from whichever club doesn't get the strikers in that they need by the end of this evening.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I agree with everyone. One good goal against an abysmal, makeshift Belgian defence does not a good player make.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here