Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby are being ram raided!

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Looks like Lee Grant (gk) is off to Stoke and Jeff Hendricks (Burnley)! Chris Martin looks like he's wanted by a couple of clubs!

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Looks like Lee Grant (gk) is off to Stoke and Jeff Hendricks (Burnley)! Russell Martin looks like he's wanted by a couple of clubs!

I'm told by a friend at a local Championship club that Chris Martin is being offered around. Whether Jonny Russell is also available I don't know

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Horrible bugger, but very good player at this level.

(Not what we need, though, obviously)

CH sold him to Derby when at Norwich so unlikely to be Albion bound

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Chris Martin's form has been poor of late. A new club might do him good but I sincerely hope it's not us. Not that I think he would be on our radar

As I mentioned on another thread, Martin is very very good in the right style of play - Problem is we don't play that way any more so I'll be surprised if he doesn't go, given the mental money we're got for Hendrick, something similar for Martin would be marvellous.

But I agree, can't see it being Brighton, will be someone more 'desparate' and willing to fling money around - Fulham?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Not suggesting we would be after him but rather that Derby are trying to offload players and recoup some how cash they've laid out on their team of strikers I think Martin is probably a season past his prime at this level. I'd take Ince off them to solve our number 10 problem but sadly not going to happen!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
As I mentioned on another thread, Martin is very very good in the right style of play - Problem is we don't play that way any more so I'll be surprised if he doesn't go, given the mental money we're got for Hendrick, something similar for Martin would be marvellous.

But I agree, can't see it being Brighton, will be someone more 'desparate' and willing to fling money around - Fulham?

Wolves most likely

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Looks like Lee Grant (gk) is off to Stoke and Jeff Hendricks (Burnley)! Chris Martin looks like he's wanted by a couple of clubs!

I think they have to sell, because they have overspent, to comply with Financial Fair Play.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

What, as a bouncer!

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
But its not about promotion for Derby, they are doing things the Derby way.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here