Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Window Spend

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
With the spend during this transfer window expected to exceed £1,000,000,000 isn't it time for a levy to support grass roots football. By this I don't mean academies and lower league clubs, they tend to get some scraps from this feeding frenzy. I'm talking about local youth football and schools. How many coaches this year bought first aid kits, footballs, paid for the subs of kids whose parents couldn't afford it and drive miles each year without any compensation? Why can't .5% be levied into a fund to support the players of tomorrow and those kids that like just playing football? That'd be £5,000,000, surely worth considering?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
With the spend during this transfer window expected to exceed £1,000,000,000 isn't it time for a levy to support grass roots football. By this I don't mean academies and lower league clubs, they tend to get some scraps from this feeding frenzy. I'm talking about local youth football and schools. How many coaches this year bought first aid kits, footballs, paid for the subs of kids whose parents couldn't afford it and drive miles each year without any compensation? Why can't .5% be levied into a fund to support the players of tomorrow and those kids that like just playing football? That'd be £5,000,000, surely worth considering?

It should be done and at 1% and also 2% of all PL players earnings!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here