Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have Albion ever had so many players with Prem League experience

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
or top flight experience (since 1979-83 of course).

With Pocognoli there's a whole team of em:

Top flight means, cough er, the SPL to squeeze in Kayal. . No coincidence that the players who haven't played in the prem (eg: March, Stephens, Dunk)... many of whom have reportedly offers to do so. Offers...lets hope that remains the same with 20 hours or so to go.

1.Stockdale (Fulham)

2.Pocognoli (WBA)
3.Duffy (Everton)
4.Uwe (Bundesliga)
5.Bruno (La Liga)

6.Rosenior (Hull)
7.Sidwell (Chelsea/Stoke)
8.Kayal (er, SPL)
9.Knockeart (Leicester)

10.Hemed (La Liga)
11.Murray (Bournemouth/them)

PS: I guess with my loose definition then Skalak (Czech/Sparta Prague), Towell (Ireland), Manu (Holland) also qualify.
and last year of course we had Wilson (Man U) and Zamora (QPR etc) up front.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
If this experience you talk of is going to be of any valid use to us the question I have for you is why aren't they still in the higher leagues?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
or top flight experience (since 1979-83 of course).

With Pocognoli there's a whole team of em:

Top flight means, cough er, the SPL to squeeze in Kayal. . No coincidence that the players who haven't played in the prem (eg: March, Stephens, Dunk)... many of whom have reportedly offers to do so. Offers...lets hope that remains the same with 20 hours or so to go.

1.Stockdale (Fulham)

2.Pocognoli (WBA)
3.Duffy (Everton)
4.Uwe (Bundesliga)
5.Bruno (La Liga)

6.Rosenior (Hull)
7.Sidwell (Chelsea/Stoke)
8.Kayal (er, SPL)
9.Knockeart (Leicester)

10.Hemed (La Liga)
11.Murray (Bournemouth/them)

PS: I guess with my loose definition then Skalak (Czech/Sparta Prague), Towell (Ireland), Manu (Holland) also qualify.
and last year of course we had Wilson (Man U) and Zamora (QPR etc) up front.
Duffy? he played five times for Everton most likely in cup games hardly PL experience.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Duffy? he played five times for Everton most likely in cup games hardly PL experience.

He did play in a few cup games including Europa League but also in Prem for Everton v Spurs, Villa, Blackburn and Chelsea in 2011/12. and West Ham in 12/13.
Chelsea/West Ham it was just a minute or so off the bench. Villa / Blackburn - full 90 mins.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If this experience you talk of is going to be of any valid use to us the question I have for you is why aren't they still in the higher leagues?

Of course it's still valid. They all have the quality to play in higher leagues and that quality is effective in a lower one. If they were all still at the top of their game then we couldn't afford them.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Of course it's still valid. They all have the quality to play in higher leagues and that quality is effective in a lower one. If they were all still at the top of their game then we couldn't afford them.

They either are at the top of their game or not, make your mind up Diego old boy[emoji1]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's a good stat type thing.

It makes me wonder which of our players are still on a generally upward trajectory, which have plateaued and which are now in decline.

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
It's a good stat type thing.

It makes me wonder which of our players are still on a generally upward trajectory, which have plateaued and which are now in decline.

Got me thinking.. have come up with this -

1. Niki MAENPAA - Plateaued

2. BRUNO - as good as he is, decline

3. Gaetan BONG - Plateaued

4. Uwe HUENEMEIER - Plateaued

5. Lewis DUNK - Upward

6. Dale STEPHENS - Upward

7. Beram KAYAL - Plateaued

8. Jiri SKALAK - Upward

9. Sam BALDOCK - Plateaued

10. Tomer HEMED - Upward

11. Anthony KNOCKAERT - Upward

13. David STOCKDALE - Quality keeper but plateaued/decline,has been in England squad etc

14. Steve SIDWELL - Decline

15. Jamie MURPHY - Upward

16. Casper ANKERGREN - Decline

17. Glenn MURRAY - Decline

18. Connor GOLDSON - Upward

19. Elvis MANU - Still young, so upward?

20. Solomon MARCH - Upward

21. Oliver NORWOOD - Upward

22. Shane DUFFY - Upward

23. Liam ROSENIOR - Plateaued

24. Rohan INCE - Plateaued, Mid championship is his level

29. Richard TOWELL - No idea, upward?

30. Kazenga LUALUA - Plateaued, can't see him getting much higher than the championship?

00. Sebastien POCOGNOLI - Decline? Just moved down a league.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
They either are at the top of their game or not, make your mind up Diego old boy[emoji1]

I'm not saying they're necessarily at the top of their game but collectively they're still of considerably better quality than the players we've been used to over the last 30 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here