Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading tickets

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure if it's been mentioned but just trying to buy tickets online and seems there are only four blocks released, two in West lower and two in East Lower, both at the halfway line. Anyone else tried and only getting the same?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Not sure if it's been mentioned but just trying to buy tickets online and seems there are only four blocks released, two in West lower and two in East Lower, both at the halfway line. Anyone else tried and only getting the same?

The problem with that penny pinching approach - trying to minimise the stewarding and other matchday costs - is that many (not all - I know some like to try different areas) people would prefer just to book their own ST seats so they can be with their usual group. When this proves impossible, or difficult to organise to sit together elsewhere, people just think 'sod it, it's obviously a MM cup these days, I can't be bothered'. And so ticket and concession income is lost.

I really question whether Barber has explicitly thought about these cost/income trade-offs, or has been driven by bearing down on costs alone. Would be interested to hear otherwise.

PG

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
The problem with that penny pinching approach - trying to minimise the stewarding and other matchday costs - is that many (not all - I know some like to try different areas) people would prefer just to book their own ST seats so they can be with their usual group. When this proves impossible, or difficult to organise to sit together elsewhere, people just think 'sod it, it's obviously a MM cup these days, I can't be bothered'. And so ticket and concession income is lost.

I really question whether Barber has explicitly thought about these cost/income trade-offs, or has been driven by bearing down on costs alone. Would be interested to hear otherwise.

PG

Just opening a few blocks of unreserved seating would solve most of that problem.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Actual we should not blame the club if the fans don't turn up for cup matches they have do what's best for both the fans and TB Bank balance.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

PG

Are you suggesting the whole stadium should be open? Not sure I agree. With Friends and Family it's easy to buy tickets with your mates, just not necessarily in your usual season ticket seats.

PG

Happy to sit in esu but can't be bothered if just the inferior seats are available:moo:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here