• I would not sell him now for all the money in the world

Votes: 23 10.2%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How much would it take for you to give Dale a one-way lift up to Burnley, waiving the petrol costs, letting him choose the music and stopping for some sweets and crisps at the motorway services?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If he refuses to sign a new contract.... £5m.

We don't pay players £100k a week.... why should he cost us that for this season if we keep him and then he walks on a free?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
£8m would be a brilliant price for a player who's contract is up next summer and who has never set foot in the PL.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
im hoping for a Dunk outcome, stays and then signs a new deal. He is a key player if we want up, 700k isn't much to lose in the gamble for promotion.

7m+ isn't what we will lose, we never had it, but the promised lands is worth a lot more, with a chairman who loves a gamble I am sure he is sweating on this!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If he refuses to sign a new contract.... £5m.

We don't pay players £100k a week.... why should he cost us that for this season if we keep him and then he walks on a free?

Because if he helps secure promotion it is worth far more than £5 million?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He has valued himself at 10 million, it would be rude to take less.

He's not choosing the music though, I think he may have a naff taste in music

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Would like DS to stay as with Kayal it's the best midfield pair in the division however I have it on good authority he is as good as gone and as such £10 million would be good but suspect it will be much less

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Yes, on one year contracts with no upfront fee. I don't think you've thought this through.

The suggestion was that turning down £5m (plus paying his wages) is a price worth paying for one season, because it might help seal a financially attractive promotion... if it is worth it for DS, then why not for others?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just don't want to sell at this stage - too late to get a replacement. And even if we have a possible replacement lined up, whatever we get for Stephens, be it £10M or £15M or whatever, the club selling to us will expect to get their hands on most - if not all - of that ten or fifteen million. So we end up paying over the odds for a player who isn't as good as Stephens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here