Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You won't ever eat at SUBWAY again !

Jul 7, 2016
Health warning!

Interesting article in today's daily mail about the standard of food used especially chicken and how long it is kept in the branches of Subway. Will put you off ever eating there. Personally I always thought it was very naff and really no better than McDonald's or Burger King or any of those other hideously poor quality processed food places.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I think you have answered you own statement.

People will still eat there for the exact reason they still eat at Burger King and McDonalds.

I personally don't eat there as I find it tedious having a full on conversation about my food and then watching a teenager spoon it onto the roll with his, albeit gloved, hand

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Health warning!

Interesting article in today's daily mail about the standard of food used especially chicken and how long it is kept in the branches of Subway. Will put you off ever eating there. Personally I always thought it was very naff and really no better than McDonald's or Burger King or any of those other hideously poor quality processed food places.

still here....ffs...:sick:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
People will still eat there for the exact reason they still eat at Burger King and McDonalds.

I personally don't eat there as I find it tedious having a full on conversation about my food and then watching a teenager spoon it onto the roll with his, albeit gloved, hand

It's weird kind of place. Gives every impression of being a healthier option than Burger King and McDonalds. Half a dozen bread choices (tho they all taste identical), then you go to great lengths carefully selecting the meat and salad options, before finally smothering the whole thing in the hottest sauce on offer, thereby completely wiping out any kind of meat/salad flavouring, assuming there was any there to start with. Basically it's the early-day equivalent of a post-pub kebab.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Never quite got Subway, like Burger King and to an extent McDonalds I eat once or twice a year after a flight or whatever, but Subway just isn't nice....

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm surprised that anyone is surprised. All these places are the same low, low quality food for lazy, unhealthy people.

The only thing I would say, if you happen to be an in-patient at RSCH, Subway - the only real on-site alternative - is still better than the hospital food.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't eat McDonalds or BK, but will occasionally have a Subway or KFC :shrug:

I'm afraid nothing that I read in the Daily Mail will convince me that I should boycott them forever. But if it makes you feel better, rest assured that I steer clear of the chicken when I DO have them.

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
Hello, I worked there many moons ago so I can add some insight into these allegations.

Cooked poultry can be kept refrigerated from 3 to 4 days and subway chuck cooked chicken after 2 days. It being stinky, yeah I smelt it too. It is garlic - because it is kept in a sauce that contains garlic....

The chicken in Teriyaki sauce or Chipotle, will keep longer - hence the four days.

He also states that between 7pm and 8pm everything is 20% off. I don't get that, because everything has a time and date put on it when it is made. But when I worked there, we never chucked anything because it would always get eaten way before the expiry date.

Later on in the article (after he said stay away from Chipotle and Teryiyaki) he recommends eating Chipotle and Teriyaki chicken.... so the only thing I smell is BS.

I hated working there, but love a Meatball Marinara.

Good day.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I eat at subway occasionally, enjoy it when I do.

Next you will be telling me some curry restaurants use dog meat, or even worse some horse meat...oh hang on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here