Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Group Save Tickets

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Going up to Twickenham for the rugby next Saturday, with the Mrs and her family. Never bought a group save ticket before, and the Southern Rail website is, predictably, not very forthcoming. Do we all need to travel together, or can me and Ms Worthingite get on at West Worthing, then the 3 out-laws get on at, say, shoreham? Also, do I need some sort of travel card, or can I just buy these tickets online?

Thanks!!!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
The hint is in the ticket 'Group save' , you travel in a group. If you travel or separate then you're liable to each paying the full fare but whether you get caught is another matter, or indeed whether there will be a train for you to catch is doubtful

Ta chaps, I'll book them from shoreham in that case, and then buy a single from shoreham to west Worthing!!!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Ta chaps, I'll book them from shoreham in that case, and then buy a single from shoreham to west Worthing!!!!

can you not just book them from the furthest station which will probably be the same price if you are getting on the train one or two stops down the line?

As long as you all have a ticket so you might need to pass on the tickets to the others so they can get through the barrier. If the guard comes along then you can buy a single.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
If buying in advance I would check the cost from your start location. You can always send them on to your out laws for them to use at the barrier

We used a few for a work trip a few weeks back. All traveled there together and home separately. Not problems what so ever

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here