Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitehawk atmosphere

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I went down to the Whitehawk game yesterday and have to say I was impressed by the atmosphere. Constant singing, a good range of songs, humour, inclusiveness. And more than one drum. Even a saxophone.

Anyone else go?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Each season when Albion not playing I try to go to a few local games. Went to Whitehawk yesterday and football was terrible. Waste of £12 which makes my £26 per game at Albion good value. Talked to some supporters who said most of new players have come from abroad. The cost of wages,bringing them over and accomadating them must be huge. How on earth do they afford it on 250/300 gates. Somebody must be putting a lot of money in and dissapointed with gates and standard of football. All credit to the few supporters for the noise they made.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
The Club must be losing money hand over fist. I'd imagine at sometime John Summers and his pals will realise their little hobby has become too expensive, and with only 300 watching I see the Ryman League beckoning. All clubs big or small really have a proper level to which they can aspire. And like Peacehaven, Burgess Hill and Eastbourne Borough let their fans enjoy football for what it is. As previously mentioned Hawks is like the United Nations, I think there are only 2-3 Brits in their squad? But good luck to anything that supports Sussex Sport. :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Each season when Albion not playing I try to go to a few local games. Went to Whitehawk yesterday and football was terrible. Waste of £12 which makes my £26 per game at Albion good value. Talked to some supporters who said most of new players have come from abroad. The cost of wages,bringing them over and accomadating them must be huge. How on earth do they afford it on 250/300 gates. Somebody must be putting a lot of money in and dissapointed with gates and standard of football. All credit to the few supporters for the noise they made.

The truth of it is, that they can't afford it on gate money alone. For a few seasons now they have been reliant on their chairman ploughing a lot lof his own money into the club.

If he should pull the plug, Whitehawk could tumble down the leagues just as quickly as they came up.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

The football was pretty shocking at times. The second half was a little better and you can see Sergio Torres has played at a higher level.

The problems will come if they ever get promoted and fans are unable to drink in the stands.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The Club must be losing money hand over fist. I'd imagine at sometime John Summers and his pals will realise their little hobby has become too expensive, and with only 300 watching I see the Ryman League beckoning. All clubs big or small really have a proper level to which they can aspire. And like Peacehaven, Burgess Hill and Eastbourne Borough let their fans enjoy football for what it is. As previously mentioned Hawks is like the United Nations, I think there are only 2-3 Brits in their squad? But good luck to anything that supports Sussex Sport. :)

Agreed, add Horsham to the likes of Peacehaven, Burgess Hill, and Eastbourne Borough too. Many other clubs too come to thkink of it..

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The football was pretty shocking at times. The second half was a little better and you can see Sergio Torres has played at a higher level.

The problems will come if they ever get promoted and fans are unable to drink in the stands.

Surely fans aren't permitted to drink in the stands now? They haven't been at Horsham for some years, and they are in the Ryman League!

SAC

May 21, 2014
The truth of it is, that they can't afford it on gate money alone. For a few seasons now they have been reliant on their chairman ploughing a lot lof his own money into the club.

If he should pull the plug, Whitehawk could tumble down the leagues just as quickly as they came up.

Couldn't that be said for the Albion and virtually every club outside of the PL?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Couldn't that be said for the Albion and virtually every club outside of the PL?

To an extent yes, but I can't see the likes of the Albion, even if TB should walk away, disappear into total obscurity quite so quickly as the likes of Whitehawk and other non-leagjue teams who are overspending, would do.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Went twice last season and had a brilliant day out , kids loved it , bouncing around like complete mentalists , no trouble , no injuries , no awkward moments when some Meldrew asks if you could possibly keep the noise down , just a no brainer good fun day without having to re mortgage .

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Players from abroad at that level, football has so changed.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The cost of wages,bringing them over and accomadating them must be huge. How on earth do they afford it on 250/300 gates. Somebody must be putting a lot of money in and dissapointed with gates and standard of football. All credit to the few supporters for the noise they made.

On the contrary; in the Argus on Friday there were quotes from manager Pablo Asensio saying how Whitehawk don't pay in July, and from August they pay monthly at the end of the month, so the players have been here for weeks already and are only now getting paid.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here