Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No striker then?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
More likely we'll sign an attacking midfielder that the club dress up as a "forward" in yet another deadline day fail for us when it comes to bringing in centre forwards.

Still scarred by the Stephen Dobbie debacle.

Like Pritchard? Who incidentally has only played 1 of Norwich's games since signing as he's been injured. Also, Dobbie... Wow... What a spectacular failure that was.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mid-table acceptable then?
If we're going for mid-table (which we're not) then Tony should sell Dunk, AK & Stephens, pocket the cash and start next season with a:-

WAR CHEST.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we're going for mid-table (which we're not) then Tony should sell Dunk, AK & Stephens, pocket the cash and start next season with a:-

WAR CHEST.
Wise words. If we are only going for midtable then Tony could sell a couple and not lose 18 million this year.

Or, as stated, we can go for top 2.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Who is this Uraguayan Diego we're supposed to be signing from Bordeaux?
Is he the missing number 10?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Don't take too much store in what is said in interviews, listening to CH's post match interviews he always trots out the same old mantra of ' they're a good team, well set up, they made it difficult for us'. As if we expected anything else, so the best thing to do is draw your own conclusion and I would suggest that any signing on the last day of the window will not be at best value and will not be anyone significant, because as the clock ticks and agents and clubs monitor our position, the pendulum swings against us and it becomes a sellers market, we've been here before and we all know the likely outcome. Our current strikers are not sufficient quantity or quality to take us into the premand I would suggest that CH knows this.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would prefer to sign Bashley Barnes rather than Lee Gregory.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Not at all but our record at signing first team strikers is not particularly inspiring. And btw, I think we need two strikers not one to be competitive with the big boys this year.

But unless you're going to cough up a few million yourself, it's unlikely to happen. I think if you were a club manager you be more in the mold of a Mourinho than a Houghton.
With one more quality striker and Solly to come back, we are better placed to deliver this season than we did last. And let's face it last years finale...how could we be so bloody unlucky again.

Unless you are about 12, you need contact 'The Guiness Book of Records' claiming the World's shortest memory. Can you not remember the Nightmare Years of having no ground, hanging on to Football League status by the skin of our teeth. Travelling to Gillingham for our HOME games etc. :facepalm:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
CH said in his Sky interview that he would be happy with the squad he has now (if we were unable to sign any more players). Mind you I wasn't sure if that meant "provided we keep Dale".

"The squad we have now" includes Dale Stephens, so my interpretation would be CH is basing that on him staying.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd be pleased! I'm a Barnes fan.
Would also simultaneously make 50% of NSC rage like never before.

It would be VERY interesting to read NSC in the subsequent 24 hours. Toys all over the place

I'm in team Barnes btw

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The club's ambition is to hold on to our top players and add even better. We are certainly going to try to sign another striker and this is not the era of Burke and his loan cast offs.

However the club cannot be 100% in charge of its own destiny (see Pritchard). We ARE going for it but so are many others. Derby have about 6 strikers now. Unless they intend to play like Sevilla currently are then 4 of them will have to warm a bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looks as if the club is getting its excuses in early..... We are going to struggle to make the play-offs this year unless we sign at least one and ideally two good quality strikers before the window shuts tomorrow. Let's hope the club has something up its sleeve. It's not as if we haven't had sufficient time. Having just two permanent first team strikers on our books is just not good enough if we are serious about obtaining promotion this season. Any medium term injuries or suspensions in the striking department will seriously cripple us.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...h_big_spenders_but_will_match_them_on_pitch/?
This tells me we cannot compete for the 10+ million pound names that are circulated every season - Rhodes, McCormack etc.

But it does not say that we cannot retain ALL our players AND sign some excellent new ones who will play well within our existing squad - and get us into the top 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here