Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Beds

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Just before the place explodes with the fun that is Transfer Deadline Day, me and Mrs JTM are looking to change the marital bed.
We have a super king, and want the same size, with decent mattress and head board.

Smutty replies are expected, but any latest buying experiences would be handy, ta!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The bed itself just comes down to personal preference in terms of design and look doesn't it?

The mattress is where it's really at. We just did the usual quite cringey thing of going around bed stores, John Lewis etc lying down on various mattresses deciding which we liked the feel of. It's a ridiculous process and there's no way you can determine what is best for you to spend around a third of your life on.

As such I would have no hesitation in ordering from Casper - https://casper.com/uk/en - and taking out their no quibbles 100 day trial. (I have no association to the company and NSC won't earn a penny if you click and buy).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We recently acquired a new bed from Furniture Village and are very happy with it.

Sadly with beds the more you pay the better you get is very true.

When you think you spend approximately a third of your life in bed it's important to get it right for body and mind.

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
Can't go wrong with a Tempur mattress; you'll pay well over a grand for the top spec versions but you can get some decent deals and 'end of line' discounts if you shop around (I picked one up from Dreams for £780 last year which looked a really good deal having shopped around a bit).

Like most things, you get what you pay for and they are well worth it.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Thanks all so far.. will investigate tomorrow.
It may well be that we stick with our base frame and spend extra on the mattress

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As such I would have no hesitation in ordering from Casper - https://casper.com/uk/en - and taking out their no quibbles 100 day trial. (I have no association to the company and NSC won't earn a penny if you click and buy).

Can't go wrong with a Tempur mattress; you'll pay well over a grand for the top spec versions but you can get some decent deals and 'end of line' discounts if you shop around (I picked one up from Dreams for £780 last year which looked a really good deal having shopped around a bit).

Like most things, you get what you pay for and they are well worth it.

Interesting. Currently 80 days into our Casper mattress trial and its a very good mattress, got to say, not cheap but a good £600 mattress, but it is a wee bit firm for Mr & Mrs BS.

Went to Dreams in Portslade (manager is a season ticket holder in the East Stand) and the Tempur Cloud 22 just felt in a different league really. Interesting. Need to make up our minds fast.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting. Currently 80 days into our Casper mattress trial and its a very good mattress, got to say, not cheap but a good £600 mattress, but it is a wee bit firm for Mr & Mrs BS.

Went to Dreams in Portslade (manager is a season ticket holder in the East Stand) and the Tempur Cloud 22 just felt in a different league really. Interesting. Need to make up our minds fast.

I suspect you already have...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just before the place explodes with the fun that is Transfer Deadline Day, me and Mrs JTM are looking to change the marital bed.
We have a super king, and want the same size, with decent mattress and head board.

Smutty replies are expected, but any latest buying experiences would be handy, ta!

The bed itself just comes down to personal preference in terms of design and look doesn't it?

The mattress is where it's really at. We just did the usual quite cringey thing of going around bed stores, John Lewis etc lying down on various mattresses deciding which we liked the feel of. It's a ridiculous process and there's no way you can determine what is best for you to spend around a third of your life on.

Ring up these Casper folks and ask them what deals they can do on 'almost new' stock. Sounds like they might have a warehouse full of 90 day old mattresses...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
New mattress arriving tomorrow afternoon. Will report back. Went the John Lewis route.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here