Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Classical music

Anyone here listen to it?

Just recently I've been putting it on in the car and really enjoying it but it's fair to say I don't know my Brahms from my Liszt.

On that note, last night country file played a bit during the programme and I'd love to find out what it was, how do I go about doing that?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone here listen to it?

Just recently I've been putting it on in the car and really enjoying it but it's fair to say I don't know my Brahms from my Liszt.

On that note, last night country file played a bit during the programme and I'd love to find out what it was, how do I go about doing that?

Was it this?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
There's some cracking classical music. I love the stuff with a bit guts, rather than just a piano note, a long pause and another piano note or two. If you watch the film "A Clockwork Orange", you'll have quite a good introduction to some good stuff.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not much of an expert, but I heard Nigel Kennedy performing the violin solo on this at the Proms a couple of years ago, and it was absolutely spellbinding. One of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.

Have a listen to it (played by another violinist obviously, but it's still amazing). Give it time and listen to it all.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
There's some cracking classical music. I love the stuff with a bit guts, rather than just a piano note, a long pause and another piano note or two. If you watch the film "A Clockwork Orange", you'll have quite a good introduction to some good stuff.

At the beginning of Trainspotting as well.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Holst - The Planets is one of my all time favourites.

I like Jupiter - 'I vow to thee my country' In my opinion it should be our National Anthem :)

all good but from 2:55 is uplifting!

[yt]Nz0b4STz1lo[/yt]

Last edited:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Not much of an expert, but I heard Nigel Kennedy performing the violin solo on this at the Proms a couple of years ago, and it was absolutely spellbinding. One of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.

Have a listen to it (played by another violinist obviously, but it's still amazing). Give it time and listen to it all.

Nicola Benedetti scottish lass

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Working night's is a good listen to Classic Fm, especially when they do truckers requests in the early hours of the morning.
It's for everybody :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, yes it was.

Thank you very much.

I'd love to say there was some sort of database with this information on, but in reality, I searched Twitter for "Music on Countryfile last night" and some helpful lady had already praised the inclusion of this particular piece, so I dug it up off YouTube :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I love classical music and have about 16 hours on my I pod that I play during the day while writing letters etc.

'Dear Chris

I was most interested and slightly concerned to note that your cover at Left back.............'

Etc

I listen to quite a lot but am not an expert......just find it very relaxing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Ah - another Vaughan Williams fan! :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I like Jupiter - 'I vow to thee my country' In my opinion it should be our National Anthem :)

Same here. Beautiful piece, and far more fitting than GSTQ or Jerusalem.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
My gf is partial, but she had never heard this surprisigly until I played it to her last month. Ive heard it several times a day since

I'd love to say there was some sort of database with this information on, but in reality, I searched Twitter for "Music on Countryfile last night" and some helpful lady had already praised the inclusion of this particular piece, so I dug it up off YouTube :thumbsup:

It would never have even crossed my mind to do that, or even know where to start.

I am sadly a clockwork man living in a digital age.

Thank you.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Radio 3... hard core.

None of that populist Classic FM endlessly looping Vivaldi all day...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here