Willy Wonka gone to the chocolate factory in the sky

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Gene Wilder - Dies aged 83

more to follow

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37215553

Variety website: http://variety.com/2016/film/news/gene-wilder-dead-dies-willie-wonka-young-frankenstein-1201846745/

Gene Wilder, who regularly stole the show in such comedic gems as “The Producers,” “Blazing Saddles,” “Young Frankenstein,” “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” and “Stir Crazy,” died Monday at his home in Stamford, Conn. His nephew Jordan Walker-Pearlman said he died of complications from Alzheimer’s disease. He was 83.

He had been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in 1989.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was just thinking this morning that nobody really famous had died for a few weeks.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Comic genius, he was very funny

RIP

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
There are very few films that no matter how many times I've watched it, it never gets old, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory is one of them..

Rest In Peace.. :down:

Jul 7, 2016
The word genius is often used incorrectly in my opinion When referring to actors, however in this case it is fully deserved, Gene Wilder was a comic / acting genius who brought joy to millions. RIP.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There are very few films that no matter how many times I've watched it, it never gets old, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory is one of them..

Rest In Peace.. :down:

Very much this.

Love this film. Love him in it. Massively brilliant man.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
"Well, my names Jim, but most people call me........... Jim"

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So it's your fault.

:ohmy:

I did once stand outside Windsor Castle and said to my companion on that occasion "I can't believe the Queen Mother's still going after all these years, surely her time must be nearly up" (or words to that effect).

Walked back to the car, turned the engine on, and over the radio came the solemn words "Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, has died at the age of [whatever]".

Don't mention this to the Queen, if you ever meet her, yeah?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here