Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The future of our parks

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
You have to bear in mind that this has come about because the tories have cut the council budgets to the point they have to sell off children centres, adults disability centres, and have to sell off most of 'our' facilities including parks. Their mates around the city are OK though.

Anyway, back to the questionnaire.

I worry about this type of questionnaire. They always end up with the Council announcing severe cuts in spending and justifying them on the grounds that "we've consulted the public and they have indicated where their priorities lie".

I'd prefer to be told what the councillors want to cut. They need to take some responsibility here, not pass the buck like this.

I suppose the option of not cutting spending isn't being considered.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You have to bear in mind that this has come about because the tories have cut the council budgets to the point they have to sell off children centres, adults disability centres, and have to sell off most of 'our' facilities including parks. Their mates around the city are OK though.

Don't forget the libraries. Seaford's relatively new multimillion pound library will close on a Friday lunchtime and not reopen until Monday afternoon if the Tory wankers have their way. Same right across many Sussex libraries, threatening not just jobs but access to books and PCs for, amongst others, the more vulnerable sections of society. Utterly despicable.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I worry about this type of questionnaire. They always end up with the Council announcing severe cuts in spending and justifying them on the grounds that "we've consulted the public and they have indicated where their priorities lie".

I'd prefer to be told what the councillors want to cut. They need to take some responsibility here, not pass the buck like this.

I suppose the option of not cutting spending isn't being considered.

To be fair, you can read between the lines of some of the questions in that survey and guess where the axe is going to fall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here