Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Goal Alerts

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I have the BBC sport app set to give Albion team sheets and goal alerts etc when I need them.

Does this service work whilst on holiday outside of the UK? If not, can anyone recommend one that does

Thanks in advance.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Can I assume that Fotmob only issues notifications set for the team(s) listed under your profile or favourites.

I don't want to be bombarded with the racket of goals going in in all the leagues I have selected to view.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Can I assume that Fotmob only issues notifications set for the team(s) listed under your profile or favourites.

Yep, I only have Albion listed in my favourites and so only get notifications (kick-off, goals, red-cards, half time, full-time) involving us either for or against.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I use Flashscores - easy to use both on website and app. Easy to select favourite teams or select games in your accumulator

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Crowdscores is the fastest plus you can get detailed notifications like yellow cards, red cards and pens, if you wish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Fotmob is easily the best app for the job but to answer the original question, you'll only get updates abroad when you're on WiFi or if you have roaming data switched on (by default most phones won't have this on as it can be costly)

If you'd like to be able to get score alerts and other data whilst you're out and about on foreign soil check with your network provider whether there's a cost effective option to be able to access mobile data overseas.

I'm on O2 and they allow you to use mobile data all day long in Europe for £1.99 a day, although it is throttled so you can only get pretty weak speeds. Fine for checking messages, scores and emails though

chrispyk

May 4, 2016
Charlotte, NC

I don't want to be bombarded with the racket of goals going in in all the leagues I have selected to view.

Just the teams you selected as favorites. Even from there you can edit the alerts.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Fotmob is easily the best app for the job but to answer the original question, you'll only get updates abroad when you're on WiFi or if you have roaming data switched on (by default most phones won't have this on as it can be costly)

If you'd like to be able to get score alerts and other data whilst you're out and about on foreign soil check with your network provider whether there's a cost effective option to be able to access mobile data overseas.

I'm on O2 and they allow you to use mobile data all day long in Europe for £1.99 a day, although it is throttled so you can only get pretty weak speeds. Fine for checking messages, scores and emails though

I thought that was limited to 50mb/day.? Ok for updates I suppose.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here